BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default URGENT: GW is crowdsourcing their FAQ on Facebook!

Hey, folks... Lustria Online member @Ixt here. I've already posted this on the Lustria forums, but here you go:

GW's official Age of Sigmar page is crowdsourcing AoS's upcoming FAQ for THIS WEEK ONLY!

If you've got any questions about the game at all, be sure to leave a comment! The thread is up for only one week and they are fielding one question per person. Make sure you aren't asking the same thing/the answer of another question doesn't answer your own!

Maybe even leave the question in this forum post to be reviewed by other forum members? Might not be a bad idea. My question is a long shot, but my hope is that if its logic holds, people will freak out less about summoning.

Anyway, I'll get on with it. Be sure to 'Like' their page. Here's the thread!:

[url]https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/posts/456916931171772:0[/url]

I see the same summon question over and over, so hopefully that one will be resolved. Then there is the clamour for official points.

Brother-Captain

The summon one is probably the best bet for a clear up. The points well that isn't a Faq thing really but who knows
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    I see the same summon question over and over, so hopefully that one will be resolved.
    Good opportunity for them to 'balance' it, and hopefully they take that opportunity! Very contentious rule, that.

I asked about Summoning, with specific carefully considered wording.

Sadly, someone not-GW then claimed to have answered it....despite that I've gone over his explanation before and pointed out where it doesn't stand up.

I'm always 100% in favour of 'play it your way', but when submitting a question for an FAQ, then telling GW 'ignore the first 20, I've answered them' is seriously pushing it.

Others I'd like cleared up - can you 'pile in' around the base of a model you're already in BTB with (I say nay, but the rules don't explicitly cover it either way).

And that's about it for me!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

There are a couple of helpful souls dishing out their "wisdom" I'm not sure they realise that people don't want to hear what they think they want a ruling from GW.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I asked about Summoning, with specific carefully considered wording.

Sadly, someone not-GW then claimed to have answered it....despite that I've gone over his explanation before and pointed out where it doesn't stand up.

I'm always 100% in favour of 'play it your way', but when submitting a question for an FAQ, then telling GW 'ignore the first 20, I've answered them' is seriously pushing it.

Others I'd like cleared up - can you 'pile in' around the base of a model you're already in BTB with (I say nay, but the rules don't explicitly cover it either way).

And that's about it for me!
    I had already blocked that guy for his previous dunderheadedness.

I get he's passionate about it - we're Nerds, it comes with the territory.

But to claim 'he's answered it' is just beyond the pail for me.

He may be right, but still. Sheesh!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I get he's passionate about it - we're Nerds, it comes with the territory.

But to claim 'he's answered it' is just beyond the pail for me.

He may be right, but still. Sheesh!
    Last time it was his utter inability to even entertain the idea that there was any contradiction because he couldn't understand it. So everyone else who pointed out any of the inconsistencies was just wrong and dumb. Actually I think you were involved in that too!

Who can Summon is the one rule i think AoS isn't particularly clear about, in the 4 pages of the rules anyway, because it could be seen either way.

Yup.

I was repeating about how if he insists on RAW, it all has to be RAW - and thus summoning was moot as beyond Bray Shamen and their main spell, no Summoning Spells are ever on the caster's Warscroll, ergo RAW can never be cast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast