BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Questions about conjured deamons.

When conjuring a herald trough sacrifice, does the herald could be an exalted flamer of tezzentch? As I understand it cannot be a named Herald like epidemus or the masque, but I dont know if the exalted flamer falls in this category.

Also, if I conjure a greater deamon, what kinds of deamons fall under that category? Could I conjure kairos insetad of a lord of change? Or what kind of bloodthrister could be conjured? Or could I conjure Belakor?

Thanks in advance.
    This country could use a plate of whatever is God's special today.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Gutierrez View Post
    When conjuring a herald trough sacrifice, does the herald could be an exalted flamer of tezzentch? As I understand it cannot be a named Herald like epidemus or the masque, but I dont know if the exalted flamer falls in this category.

Also, if I conjure a greater deamon, what kinds of deamons fall under that category? Could I conjure kairos insetad of a lord of change? Or what kind of bloodthrister could be conjured? Or could I conjure Belakor?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes it could be an Exalted Flamer (he was included in an FAQ as part of the Herald HQ choice)

And no to named Deamons
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Ix View Post
    Yes it could be an Exalted Flamer (he was included in an FAQ as part of the Herald HQ choice)

And no to named Deamons

Actually, I don't think this is true anymore. I had believed so as well, but the daemon update in the Wulfen book includes a new Tzeentch spell that specifically allows you to summon exalted flamers and it costs 2 WC.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzigum View Post
    Actually, I don't think this is true anymore. I had believed so as well, but the daemon update in the Wulfen book includes a new Tzeentch spell that specifically allows you to summon exalted flamers and it costs 2 WC.
    I would still read it that the Sacrifice power could be used to summon an Exalted Flamer, as the FAQ would seem to count it as a herald [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Chaos_Daemons_v1.2_Oct14.pdf"]BATTLEFIELD ROLE: HQ (Counts as one Herald)[/URL].

While Boon of Flame is more expensive (WC2) you don't have to take a wound.
    Last edited by Deacon Ix; 03-27-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.