Sadly, the rabidly pro-AoS crowd (I'm not exactly anti-AoS, nor entirely pro-AoS myself) won't hear any negative talk about the game. They only see the positives and not the negatives. Starting right off with how GW threw away the game system that got them really going with their own stuff, a 30-year-old game that had a lot of good years and could have been salvaged. There's no rulebook to buy for AoS, okay, but people coming in off the streets might not know where to get the rules, and the books to make the game more interesting are $74 (campaign books), and the battletomes aren't cheap either. Then there's the models, which are insanely expensive, and one look at that will turn people away faster than the cost of WFB models. Doesn't help when they promote the idea of playing with armies that would take $800-$1000 to build.

My own enthusiasm has seriously waned. It's not helped at all by the dwindling number of players at the local GW (heck, more people play GW games at other stores now), or by the GW manager's own clearly unhappy attitude toward how bad things have gotten. (While I can't blame the manager for feeling that way, he still needs to remember that his job involves customer relations, and that means putting on a smile even when you're feeling depressed or hateful.) But it has meant I've gotten more board games and computer games and started poking into other miniatures games.