With my interest in Fallout recently reignited I decided to keep the momentum going by expanding the New California Republic Forces that my girlfriend will be fielding against my own Brotherhood of Steel faction.

I have previously painted her a number of both 'Civilian' and 'Veteran Rangers' from the Fallout: New Vegas setting and so this time around I decided to augment these existing forces with the addition of some slightly more generic 'Patrol Rangers.'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image--1123200450.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	17807

The background for these guys originates from 1998's Fallout 2, but their history and imagery was really solidified in the aforementioned Fallout: New Vegas which was released by Bethesda in 2010. Their iconic feature is the unique 'Smokey the bear' hat coupled with light combat armour.

Name:	blogger-image--329620871.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	17809

After a lot of searching I was finally able to source some suitable miniatures from World's End Publishing; these models are entitled 'Peacekeepers' and are designed to be used with their own post-apocalyptic game which is called 'This is Not a Test.'

Name:	blogger-image--1528871873.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	17810

The models are lovely sculpts with a lot of detail crammed onto their 28mm frames, I chose to purchase a few variations in order to add some diversity to my force. I ensured that I painted them in suitably muted colours so as to reflect their survivalist background as I felt anything too bright or garish would not really fit in with their overall concept.

I am pleased with the look of these guys and I am keen to see how they perform on the battlefield against my Brotherhood Troops. There are a few more photos on my blog: [URL="http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/fallout-4-ncr-patrol-rangers.html"]http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/fallout-4-ncr-patrol-rangers.html[/URL]