BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kahoolin View Post
    I'm looking forward to hearing some stories Lewis

Yeah me too. People always say "so and so doesn't work." In what context? Whether or not something works depends on you and your opponent's levels of experience and timing, your lists, the situation in game, and the luck of the dice.

It makes me sad when people tell someone not to do something based on whether or not it would work under imaginary optimum conditions with all other variables removed.

CHARGE THAT BLOODTHIRSTER!!
    "Hmmm... Jenkins! Chap with the wings there. Five rounds rapid."
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

Guy at the tip needs a leather football helmet striking a Heisman pose. I say commissar with a power weapon would do well for that. Do you play Cadians? The helmets would just add do the awesome! We need pictures of the V in action!
    letsagetabitarockin!

So funny, do bring it back and post picks.

You could also use the "maximum 2" when a pie plate is inevitable, or the ground is about to open up for a jaws of the wolf. "Spread a full arms width apart lads and hold onto the vitals!"
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

I used to do something similar with my Orks. There was a unit of 30 Grotz up front, then three columns of 30 Orks, one of them 'ard Boyz, with a Warboss and Big Mek with KFF, followed up by a massive unit of PK/Cybork body Nobz. Good times.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Lewis View Post
    When I decided to, I'd yell out "ALRIGHT MEN, FLYING V FORMATION!" and then move all of my Guardsmen base-to-base with each other in a large V shape and then charge across the board.
    I'm going to do this, except it's going to be four units spelling out "F**k".

It's going to be called the "Flying F**k Formation".

If I'm losing a game I will shout something about giving a Flying F**k and charge them straight to their deaths.
    To whom it may concern...
    BAALLOOOOGGGAAAA WHALE!!!

Librarian

^ Haha, nice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12