BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

could be, something more like the wild riders have perhaps, or even just a rebox into a five
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

It's still a bit confusing to read that Tyrion and Malekith/Malerion went after Slaanesh to get the elves back... and yet there were apparently already elves living in the realms that ended up fleeing to Azyrheim. It's another case of them trying to figure out what they want to do with the fluff and having some contradictory stuff going on.

But, hey, second edition fluff could clean that up. Worked wonders for 40K.

Brother-Captain

The Aelf background has been very vague so far. When Tyrion was found by Sigmar he couldn't sense any Aelves in the realms at all. Then there was the bit about Slaanesh have glutted on their souls and being vulnerable and Tyrion and Malerion going to kick him in. Hopefully it be cleared up a bit by this one but I think it'll take a bit more explaining than what they've got space for in a Grand Alliance book.

Yeah they did do it for 40K in fact they managed wholesale background changes across the lifespan of Rogue Trader let alone when they updated to 2nd.

Im going with Aelves I like the old English look to it.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

interesting that the Empire sounds to have stayed the same design wise
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

They're not going to change the look in the artwork because that'd cause a disconnect with the models. Right now they have to find a way to explain the incorporation of WFB lines in AoS, otherwise the game would have three factions: Sigmarines, Khorne, and Fyreslayers. I'd bet that in time they'll introduce new human models to represent the Free Peoples that have set up new fortresses and such, and phase out the Empire-related art along with the models.

If/when that happens and you want to keep using your models, though, just keep using the warscrolls you have. Same think TK and Bret players are doing.

Brother-Captain

I'm liking the redone Dark Elf factions (Scourge Privateers and Order Serpentis), some great themes for those models with good potential for expanding the ranges in the future, a re-done Reaper Bolt thrower perhaps for the Privateers would fit perfectly, as would any manner of scaly beast for the Serpentis to augment their limited numbers of dragons.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Despite being a year down the line this feels like a rushed release. Nothing new or clever. No mashing of the elves into one race and empire looking exactly the same as they ever have. Bit disappointing as far as I'm concerned.

Brother-Captain

That's no great surprise it's just AoSifying the existing ranges at this point.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123