BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Macragge PDF

Chaplain

Default Macragge PDF

Hi everyone,

I am new to this Forum although I do post on other Forums such as 40K Online, Warseer etc, and thought I would share some pics of my current ongoing IG army.

I already have an almost complete 2000pt Cadian Army, but when the new IG Codex came out a year or so ago I couldn't resist starting another army, which in hindsight now seems bit crazy!

As my Cadian Army is pretty much "straight out of the box" I thought I would try something a little bit different this time around so I started a Macragge PDF army.

This army follows the Codex Astartes very closely, as all good citizens of Ultramar should!

Please bear in mind that this a Macragge PDF army, which is a bit different to a bona fide Guard army, so the unit markings etc relate to the rules laid down by Roboute Guilliman.

These Macragge PDF are attached to the Second Company Ultramarines of Cato Sicarius.

So here are some work in progress shots. I started this army back in November, so have been painting for about 5 months, but as yet nothing is totally finished. However once I have my HQ finished I will go back and finish off the rest of my troops before moving onto the tanks etc.

Also apologies for some of the photos, I have been having problems with the camera lately

HQ:

Colonel Iron hand Straken.
    (I had to take his Shotgun off during painting.)

I have a fair few pics to show, but don't want to double post and am limited to 4 pics, so will post more of the command squad a bit later.

I also have quite a few pics of my Troops too.

Cheers for looking, C and C always appreciated.

Adeptus Custodes

nice necromunda shotgun- I've seen some armies that used strakens rules to have a marine overseer in their guard army (what with the 3+ armour) maybe the citizens of ultramar could be lead by one of their more illustrious brethern. the Smurfs do have closer ties to the normal citizens of the imperium than most marines

Brother-Captain

Are the U and the aquila from the brass etched sets or did you sculpt those yourself?

The figure looks great as a Guardsman officer.

Great looking mini and brilliant idea...wish I had thought of doing it! :P

Keep the photos coming

Veteran-Sergeant

Thumbs up

I love the idea, but there again I am doing the UM 1st Company at the battle of Macragge (where they all die 300 style), and they fought along side the PDF too.

Cool points= 10 out of 10! Great idea, great execution-please post more pics as you complete your force.

Chaplain

Cheers everybody,

The Aquilla and Ultramarines U were from the Forge World Brass Etch set, and the sash around his waist was sculpted on.

I have been using a fair bit of the FW Brass etch on this army, it isn't the easiest stuff to work with at times but it does look cool!

And also I did think long and hard about using a Marine instead of Straken, it would have fitted with my fluff and looked cool, but in the nd I decided against it as eventually this will be my 40K Tournament army and I wouldn't want to confuse people.

I am desperately trying to figure a way of getting some Marines in there somehow though.

OK, on to some more pics.

I may as well show some more of Command Squad to begin with.

Next up is my Astartes Fleet Liaison Officer, which I use as a "counts as" Officer of the Fleet. This is because according to the fluff Adeptus Astartes Chapters do not have access to Imperial navy vessels after the Horus Heresy, but instead maintain their own Astartes Strike Cruisers.

It therefore follows that the Ultramar Defence Forces also wouldn't be able to rely on the Navy, so I have replaced the Officer of the Fleet with Lt. Varras from the Battle of Macragge Boxed Set.

Astartes Fleet Liaison Lt. Varras:

Then I also hit another problem with the fluff. Space Marines do not regard the Emperor as a God, and do not venerate in the same way as the rest of the Imperium (Adeptus Mechanicus excluded).

Therefore it would be unlikely that the people of Ultramar would worship the Emperor in exactly the same way the rest of the Imperium of Man, which meant having Ecclesiarchy Priests presented a problem.

I decided that Priests of Ultramar would be more like Adeptus Astartes Chaplains, and so converted up this chap.

Chaplain Caustus Dan Glokta (counts as Priest with Eviscerator):

Once again all of these are still work in progress, I hope to have finished pics soon.

As always thanks for looking.

Chapter-Master

SWEET
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

SWEET

those are soo cool 100/10
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 08-04-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: oops double post :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Absolutely lovely painting and converting. What I like most is that the models are all converted, but very subtly so, so that you get a different feel without being whacky or out of place. If the rest of the army is this good, it will look spectacular

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast