BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Macragge PDF

Chaplain

Apologies for the double post (update at bottom of previous page), but the 4 pic limit does make it difficult to show stuff. However if Mods require I can amend my post.

So as mentioned above I was unsure of having Penal Troops in my army as they don't really fit the background for Macragge, but their stats are just too good to miss out on, so I came up with a solution.

With their infiltrating and special abilities the rules for Pena lLegionnaires just screams out special forces reconnaisance, so that's what I came up with.

Recon Unit ("counts as" Penal Troops)

Cheers for looking everybody.

Brother-Sergeant

yeah I like these. Keep up the good work.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzics View Post
    yeah I like these. Keep up the good work.
    i can but say the same

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    Ministorum Priests - i don't think the people or Ultramar would need anymore religious encouragement.
    The other way to look at this would be that the people of Ultramar would be especially likely to include priests with their PDF units. I think you can spin piety equally easily as either, "We better make sure these slackers have some priests with them!" or "Please, Father, accompany us as we fight the Emperor's war!"

Consider that even Ultramarines have chaplains. You could have nonstandard priests that teach a dialect of the imperial creed closer to what the Ultramarines themselves believe. There is such a thing as theological currents in the Ecclesiarchy.

Also, I must congratulate for the outcome, very clean and neat. Can't wait to see some stormtrooper-equivalents. (I'd go with kasrkin models)

Chaplain

Hi guys,

Well I have to confess that I have been very slack at keeping this blog up to date, but then I have also been very slack at getting any painting done too so I guess they cancel each other out!

Although work on the army has been slow I do still have some pics to show.

This army will eventually be Mechanised, so there will be a fair few tanks, but for now I just have a couple to show you.

As this army is from Ultramar I wanted to give their vehicles a bit of a Guard / Marine cross over. The Ultramar Defence Force, and therefore the Macragge PDF, are meant to be very well equipped and disciplined, and so I wanted them to stand out from my other guard armies.

Therefore their vehicles tie in very nicely with my Ultramarine vehicles.

First up is my Hellhound variant. This uses parts from the Razorback, Land raider and Chimera kits.

Guilliman Pattern Hellhound.

As with everything else this is by no means finished, but I plan to finish it this weekend.

I do have some other vehicles to show, but I am limited to 4 pics so will post some more later.

I also have all of next week off work which I plan to spend painting, so hopefully I should finally have some finished pics to show next time.

As always cheers for looking, C and C always appreciated.

Very impressive, it really looks like a marine/guard crossover.

My only suggestions would be to cover the slots on the side of the redeemer cannons with something (like an ultramarines drop pod icon or an aquila symbol) and either add a gun/searchlight to the cupola mount or cut it off.

I'm guessing that the aquillas on your officers' flak armor are the smallest ones on the etched brass sheet. Is that right?

It's nice to see them on some imperial guard models to get a sense of the scale. I had considered getting some etched brass but those look a little too big for how I intend to use them.

Excellent! Very orignal and well executed.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

Hi Guys,

Well it's been a while, and I have to admit to my usual slackness!

I had a great start to the year, 5-6 months of fairly solid painting and then for whatever reason I simply stopped. It might be "painting fatigue", or just real life issues which have caused this.

I find I have to really push myself to paint, bizarrely I love the end result but hate the actual painting side of things. Plus at the start of the year I had motivation to paint as I was taking part in a tale of four gamers style challenge, which once again I failed to finish.

However the project isn't dead by any means, and this week I have been assembling the rest of the army ready for painting.

Unfortunately I have lost the charger for the camera, so don't have many pics to upload, but hope to sort this out over the weekend.

So I have assembled a few things which I haven't posted pics of yet.

First up is my Manticore.

Guilliman pattern Manticore

Firing Position

Travel Position

I have to confess that this was completed a little while ago but I hadn't gotten around to putting up any photos. I typically finished this about two weeks before the new GW one came out, but to be honest I think this one fits in better with the rest of my army, even though I do love the new one.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast