BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Macragge PDF

Chaplain

I also have started on Straken's Vendetta.

These are also pretty old photos. So old in fact that I have almost painted the Vendetta now, but as mentioned haven't had a camera to get any photos. I do have a couple of shots of it in action though.

Not the best photos ever, also some painful memories of Straken and his Vendetta getting toasted by scarab swarms!

Although it doesn't look like I have done a great deal I have assembled two more Chimeras, making the army so far fully mechanised, and I have started on my first squad of melta vets.

I have also assembled a Guilliman Pattern Devil Dog which has turned out quite nicely.

After that I have to assemble another squad of vets and two Valkyries and the army is all assembled. I have 2 weeks off in October so I reckon the army should be finished by the end of the year.

That's 1500pts of Guard painted in 12 months, which might sound slow but considering it took me 4 years to paint the same amount of Cadians I don't think I have done too bad.

I also have the camera back now so should be able to start more regular updates with any luck.

As always cheers for looking, C and C always appreciated

Chaplain

Oops, I have just realised that I had not been keeping this plog up to date! Apologies for that, I think I am getting a bit old and get distracted easily....

Anyway, I have some more pics to show. Not a huge amount of progress but the army is getting there.

These pics are a few months old now so there has been more progress since these were taken (although not much tbh) but as I hadn't posted them here yet I thought I would do that first.

So here are some shots of the work in progress Vendetta, still not finished but almost.

I have some more pics to show but don't want to bombard everybody. It's quite scary seeing things so big on a monitor though, might go back and redo some of my highlighting at some point. It looks ok in the flesh though.

More pictures! Like the concept and the colours suit IG in my opinion.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Cheers Eldargal, I often get a mixed response when I use this army. Some people don't like the idea of puny humans sporting the Ultramarines logo, even though there's a lot of fluff to back it up. But I like smurf guardsmen, and blue is a nice colour to paint!

Ok so more pics. I have a couple of last pics of the Vendetta which I couldn't fit above.

And then the underside which I stupidly decided to paint be hand and then wondered why it took aaaaages....

Then we have Straken's bodyguards

Chaplain

As has been pointed out these cheery looking souls like to protect Straken by deflecting blows with their faces! LOL

And then I have a quick army shot of everything together

Still lots of work to do but that's 1500pts assembled and pretty much base coated so they should get finished at some point.

The trouble is I have a large Dark Eldar army sitting in boxes calling to me which is making painting these guys a bit tricky....

Chaplain

Hi guys,

well, it's been a while but I do have some updates for you.

To be honest I have been pretty much out of the hobby for the last couple of months but recently picked up my brushes again, so here's what i have been up to.

Not really much of an update, more just trying to finish bits off.

I have been mainly concentrating on getting my transports done, so I have some Chimeras to show you.

As usual nothing's finished yet, but it's getting pretty close.

So first up is Straken's Command Chimera.

HQ: Company Command Chimera

It's nearly there, needs the metallics doing properly, final bits painted and then a little bit of weathering.

I have more Chimeras to show but will post them later due to the pic limit.

Chapter-Master

WOW i love the chimera! youve made it look like a completly diffrent tank! and the painting is fantastic!

great army

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Veteran-Sergeant

very nice paint job and love the chimera conversions

Brother-Captain

Good stuff, good stuff. you need to bump this up to Apocalypse scale and paint some superheavies. ^^
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chaplain

Cheers everybody,

I definitely plan to add some bigger stuff into the army.

I would very much love to do a Baneblade but unfortunately from a fluff point of view I can't.

After the Heresy all Marine Chapters were forbidden from keeping and maintaining Baneblades, and I want to stick to that.

I know these are technically Guard, but they are attached to an Ultramarines company.

However the army will getting a couple of Macharius' as I think they will fit in nicely with my Chimeras.

And of course I have a Warhound Titan sitting in a box in my cupboard...

Anyway, I have some more pics to show. These are the transports for my infantry platoon.

As above these still need finishing off before weathering, but they are getting there.

Troops: Tactical 190

I have some more pics to show but am limited to four at a time and don't want to double post so will put some more up later.

Cheers.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast