BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Good point. If they design any gang kits with utility to existing Guard range it could used to provide the variety the Guard is supposed to represent
    Or, cross over with Cultists. BOOM! Hit the double whammy, bring back Necromunda, making the long beards happy, and address a common wish: multi-part cultists!

I second the terrain notion. The way the ruins are designed, it would only require the release of a set of walkways and gantries, with some ladders and stairs thrown in for good measure. I'd buy it, that's for damn sure.

Also as a side note, not having played Necromunda, what is the cross-over potential with Inquisitor28?

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I think Necromunda is an area where GW can continue its recent renaissance and actually embrace some of the third party bits studios. Perhaps not endorse them explicitly but with a nod and a wink encourage some of the vast heretofore mostly untapped 3rd party studios to provide a slice of the overall necromunda pie that GW would derive even more revenue from.

I know, its a dream and a fantasy, but heck, with the developments of late, I figured I'd at least mention it as a possibility.
    This is completely wishful thinking and never going to happen. Age of Sigmar was created to have an IP that shares less overall themes with other fantasy ranges to try and limit the amount of bits people will buy from other companies. Why would they suddenly come around and encourage people to use bits from other ranges?

As others have said, Necromunda kits could certainly have crossover appeal for 40k players (Chaos Cultists, Genestealer brood brothers, IG, etc). It really wouldn't be too difficult to make a box that could be (say) either ten greatcoat IG with lasguns, or Cultists with autoguns, or a Delaque gang with various weapon options, and a box like that should be able to sell respectable numbers.

Really, though, I think GW's attitude to games like this ought to be that it's a 'gateway drug' that will help bring more people in to 40k, rather than something expected to make a significant profit in its own terms. You won't necessarily see the profits in terms of sales of Necromunda kits, but if they increase the 40k player base then they're doing their job (even though it won't be easy to recognise this from sales figures).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Good point. If they design any gang kits with utility to existing Guard range it could used to provide the variety the Guard is supposed to represent.

Nice to see you posting again.
    Thanks mate, it feels good to be back!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I think the way to make a profit could be the terrain itself. Good terrain has a wide scope of usages. 40k itself needs more than just ruined buildings and it would be a way of expanding those ranges, and if you make it flexible enough you can hit players of games outside the Games Workshop stable too. Infinity in particular needs a similar terrain concentration to what Necromunda had.
    I would so love to see them do this for all the crossover potential!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Veteran-Sergeant

I realized it is hard to sell terrain because it is something a player buys and may not see any in-game benefits from.

I buy a barricade, my opponent gets cover from the barricade, and kicks my butt, and I wish I never bought that barricade.

This isn't literally how someone thinks, but when I could be spending my money on units that benefit me in-game (guns and troops) I'm buying a hunk of junk that can sit in the corner of a board and look pretty, but actually serve no purpose to in the game I'm playing.

I wish GW would get into the laser-cut MDF game. Just buy a promising company, fork over your licenses AND THEN PROFITS! (It is how Forge World began)

I think a plastic box-set would be cool if it had an escaped prisoners versus Arbiters theme. Escaped convicts can be thrown back into Warhammer 40k as Penal Legions and Arbiters also have a place (despite infringing on Judge Dread). Both represent new and random folks arriving un-expectedly on Necromunda (much like the actual player) and both factions could potentially be recruited into the gangs of old.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_volmer View Post
    I wish GW would get into the laser-cut MDF game. Just buy a promising company, fork over your licenses AND THEN PROFITS! (It is how Forge World began).
    Is the mdf pretty nice? I'm quite the plastic/solid resin lover when it comes to terrain.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Veteran-Sergeant

The only problem I have with MDF is it is light. Light terrain is constantly being nudged and floats around. Being light, it is easier to ship. I think it would be cheaper than plastic, it takes up less space on store shelves (don't even package it in a box) and it might be better for the environment. Also, the burning effect the laser has on the MDF gives it a two-tones look, so as soon as its assembled, the stuff doesn't look so bad un-painted.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_volmer View Post
    The only problem I have with MDF is it is light. Light terrain is constantly being nudged and floats around. Being light, it is easier to ship. I think it would be cheaper than plastic, it takes up less space on store shelves (don't even package it in a box) and it might be better for the environment. Also, the burning effect the laser has on the MDF gives it a two-tones look, so as soon as its assembled, the stuff doesn't look so bad un-painted.
    Glue the assembled building to a slate tile. It's not going anywhere. Its what I do with my 40k ruins to keep them from getting nudged all over the place.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

No! No MDF terrain!

I loathes it precious, loathes it.

Always just looks cheap and nasty to me.

Other opinions are of course available (but in this case I'm adamant they'd be quite wrong )
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I remember it in WD about 130. I personally would prefer a 40k version with Arbiters and Space Marines etc clearing hives of Chaos infestation like in Dark Heresy FF and DOW2 when the Blood Ravens under Angelos fight in the Spires.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast