BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    The mistake made was when Rowling said anything other than "she's the right person for the role" because that's all that needed to be said end of story. Also I wonder how many if those so het up about it were going to get down to the West End to see it.

I saw the Holy Grail in London and King Arthur was Asian ( Uk usage) and it was a bloody good show didn't ruin either my childhood or the original. But that wasn't the craziest thing they'd done they'd even had an Australian play him, mmmmaaaddddness. I also saw one with swearing Muppets, absolute genius and didn't ruin my childhood.

Now I come to think of it they really can't the nationality right on any of the British heroes. Robin Hood is either a Yank or an Aussie, William Wallace an alcoholic anti-Semitic Aussie and Richard the Lionheart a F***ing Scotsman (and a straight one at that). I also fairly sure they've never had a Welshman play King Arthur.
    Saint George was Palestinian, of Greek and Roman heritage, so go figure.
    Dumb people be dumb.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    Saint George was Palestinian, of Greek and Roman heritage, so go figure.
    Dumb people be dumb.
    He apparently was but who played in the film (if any). Also St Patrick wasn't Irish and St Andrew wasn't Scotish. St David was Welsh. I haven't seen them portrayed in any films either.

I'm sure Hollywood could f**k it up though.
    Last edited by grimmas; 06-10-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

On Alarielle....

Quote Originally Posted by Front Page Poster
    ok at this point GW is just ***** with us. Are you for real GW??? Who is gonna paint that model? It is greatly sculptured (I would not call it beautiful... i think its hideous but thats personal preference) but this is just almost impossible to paint. This combined with the price will make this a very rare model which is baffling seeing how sales was/is GW biggest problem with warhammer fantasy and now age of sigmar
    Quote Originally Posted by some dashingly handsome and extremely witty poster who is ever so humble
    What do we want?
    GREY PLASTIC BLOBS!

When do we want them?
    NOW!

What do we want?
    GREY PLASTIC BLOBS! UNLESS THEY'RE FROM GW, IN WHICH CASE WE'LL JUST FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. PROBABLY THAT THEY HAVEN'T GOT ENOUGH 'FILIGREE' EVEN THOUGH TO BE HONEST WE DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THAT WORD MEANS BUT IT SOUNDS NICE!

When do we want it?
    NOW!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

who is going to paint it? well, me, when I buy it for starters. how is it impossible to paint? I don't understand any part of that
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

doesn't look that difficult to me, also she is quite large (esp when compared to the dryads) ill be buying her if not to make a dark-alarrielle then to convert into my necron empress.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yup. Nice angles on the beetle, bit of subtle blending on Theladyherself, job's a good'un.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Eh... I wouldn't complain she's "impossible to paint." I'd just say that they did their Kitchen Sink thing with her, and put too much unnecessary junk on the model to say, "Look, detail!" Not hard to paint that junk, but I'd rather vastly improve the looks of an overpriced model with a Dremel tool. And when you're paying that much, having to fix it shouldn't be a thing.

But hey, if you're a fan of garbage thrown on a model just to claim it's more detailed, go for it. It's your money.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112