BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Well it shouldn't matter who they're using, well regarded or not, it's awful either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Nothing like making a joke out of someone's suicide
    Oof. Holy zoinks, I'm glad I skipped that one. Williams' death was a sad loss for everyone, and the way it happened was awful. (Also really sad that The Crazy Ones was actually a pretty good show and got chucked away while garbage like Big Bang Theory keeps going, and that was a huge blow to Williams. Doubt it would have helped, but I wish I'd found a way to send a letter or something letting him know there were some fans out there.)

That's just not cool at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Sigmaron actually comes up on my predictive text as does Necromunda I've turned my phone into a Geek!!
    My phone tries to change "Soooooooo" to "DOOOOOOOOOOOM".

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    To be fair, the last comedy list The Frontpage did was something like, "Worst Places to Live in 40K," with the Rainbow Warrior homeworld on it cos RAINBOWS = GAY AND EEWWWW GAY AMIRITE?!
    That article wasn't even trying to be a humor article, though, IIRC. It listed genuinely awful places... and then ended with that one. None of that "joke" made sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Crap like this is why I don't go on the BoLS Frontpage anymore.
    Doesn't help when they break up rumors/news on a single topic over at least 5-6 posts, some of which are posted right after the other, and the latter posts are always just one or two new sentences and then rehashing all of the prior posted stuff. Then tack in the "rules conundrums" that aren't examples of GW writing confusing rules but rather how far people will push things to try to argue over the rules. And finally add in complete non-news where they'll take something and speculate on it in a way that makes no sense (i.e. Warhammer World just put their Chaos Marines back in the shelf, saying "Chaos returns to Warhammer World!", and suddenly that's cause to speculate on whether it's a new Chaos codex or Chaos campaign coming up, rather than recognizing they were probably getting touched up or just rotating armies).

Chapter-Master

Pimpcron has done this style of post a couple of times now - and strangely splits the 'facts' between actual facts and just random cack he thinks is funny. The Robin William thing fell a bit flat for me - it was 'reallllly?' instead of outrage - he didn't even have the balls to go all in and be explicit about it - he just hinted what his point was. So still managed to be offensive without even a WOW Black Humour rating.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chaplain

Pimpcron does admit that he thought that Robin Williams died in the car accident.
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Duck View Post
    Pimpcron does admit that he thought that Robin Williams died in the car accident.
    Yeah, and he might have actually gotten really mixed up on that (seems odd, but hey, maybe he wasn't as into Williams as a lot of us are), but then it still just feels like, "Okay, then what's the joke supposed to be? He just got sad because he didn't like the game?"

Mixing in actual facts about the game also led to an uneven feel with the article. Would have been much better to commit to all comedy, keep the tone the same through the whole article. Leave the serious bits for a later, serious article.

Have to give credit that he at least admitted to making a mistake and worked to correct it.

(Still nothing on the PMS and wage jokes, but eh. Little steps.)

Occuli Imperator

Sigmaron, is that the total of Pearlman's [URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000579/"]filmography[/URL]?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

20. A leaked Sisters of Battle Codex that is in development has a new special rule for that army. Every 4th week of the month, all Sisters of Battle armies gain Rage and Preferred Enemy Space Marines.
    How would they even implement that? I mean do you have a calender with every fourth week blocked out and games you play in that week apply the rule? What's to stop WAAC players having four calenders? I just can't see it working*

*tongue firmly in cheek

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

They were making menstruation jokes in the female Sigmarine article as well, because its sooo original. Nearly tried to dig up my disqus password to yell at them but I got distracted.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They were making menstruation jokes in the female Sigmarine article as well, because its sooo original.
    "It's okay because female comedians do it!"

(Actual comments from the articles.)

Well I would expect pretty much all female comedians that are pre-menopausal to menstrate....because they're female.

Oh, I see.....

Do you think anyone's told them that jokes are meant to be funny, and banter is about wit, not bigotry?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast