BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default My Night Lords WIP Log

I've been working on a Night Lords army for the better part of a year now and though painting for me is always slow going I've made some good progress on them in that time. I like to think of myself as a competent player but my local gaming group is anything but cutthroat and most of our games are more laid back beer and pizza type matches with more fluffy armies and a few guys just trying to have a good time so I'm not really one to really discuss big time tournament type lists or anything like that but I do love to paint and thought that sharing some of my work here would make a decent foray into the Lounge.

Anyways I plan to update this periodically though at the rate I work I wouldn't expect updates in a really timely fashion. I'm just going to show a few choice pics in this thread for starters but here's a link to my Night Lords album to see the rest of it so far

[url]http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/Pumakilla/Night%20Lords/[/url]

So here's some of my favorites and please let me know what you think.

Brother-Sergeant

That's probably the most original Daemon Prince conversion I've ever seen.

Excellent painting as well.

My only constructive criticism would be to drill out the barrels on the weapons. (If you haven't already - it's hard to tell from the pictures.)

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree that Deamon prince is amazing, I love the head. (that didn't sound right)
    great paint job also.
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

That Demon prince is sweet, is that jet pack on his back count as wings or is it just a mutated regular backpack of awesomeness

As it hasn't yet been mentioned, your troops are solid paintjobs as well. I'm sure it's a great looking force on the table!

Quote Originally Posted by Captainmiserable View Post
    That Demon prince is sweet, is that jet pack on his back count as wings or is it just a mutated regular backpack of awesomeness
    It's modeled to be a jump pack to count as wings.

Librarian

Hot damn, amazing work.

Chapter-Master

Loving the lighting detail very much.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Battle-Brother

Hey Z I've always wondered how did you do the claws for him?

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyVoodoo View Post
    Hey Z I've always wondered how did you do the claws for him?
    A McFarlane Dragon, though I couldn't tell you which one anymore.