BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Need an army...

Default Need an army...

So, I don't need an army. I have five already. I have my custom Iron Hands Successor chapter, the Hands of the Emperor. I have the 118th Cadian Regiment, I have orks (well, my son plays them. I own them, I guess), I have Tyranids (other son plays them...) and Tau (third son plays Tau).

But. Last summer I introduced a bunch of college students to the game. Threeeee...-ish? of them bought their own armies, and persuaded another 3 or four guys to start playing. One of them started with Chaos, and discovered that 1) Chaos (allegedly) isn't any good, 2) he sucks at WH40K, and 3) he is absolutely HORRIBLE at rolling dice.

Given the results of [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/That's_How_I_Roll_-_A_Scientific_Analysis_of_Dice"]this research[/URL]and the fact that this one guy is seemingly cursed to roll 1's and 2's approximately 85% of the time, is there an army with which he could possibly win? Or should he just go with Orks and plan to die lots?

Eldar?

Chaplain

Definitely Eldar. I migrated to them from Orks and it was like a breath of fresh air. They have a variety that allows you to develop the widest range of tactics in the 40K verse.

Banned

Necron Destroyer Cults and Tau would be the next options. Markerlights are meant to compensate for the Tau's relatively lousy skills.