BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blood bowl

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Nah, i reckon they love each other really. Erik is totally the tsundere. Wonder which one is the Seme and uke?
    So what I'm getting from this post is that someone needs to write a Mystery/Erik (MystErik?) Blood Bowl AU fanfic?

It's obviously a rivals to romance fic, with Mystery as the cool veteran player and Erik as the hot headed newcomer. The question is are they on the same team or not?

Different teams is the classic tale of rivalry with their passion building on the field with someone getting tackled and being surprised by their opponents beautiful eyes, shining amidst the mud and blood of the field. Same teams means a much more psychological build up, with lots of Top Gun style locker room tension and so on.

Not entirely sure I'm comfortable with this.

Where did I leave the 'No' stick, and 'Knock It Off' Brick
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Well it'd a classic tale of Blood Bowl romance. Love it. Are you also thinking a Top Gun inspired tops off sweaty training session? Obviously Blood Bowl not volleyball though.

They certainly weren't shy of treating themselves to a bit of romance in the BB novels either.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well, if someone could give me a 'Dummies Guide to Spending Your Hard Earned Wages on Stuff You Don't Enjoy', I'd be happy to give it a read.

Until then, I fear I may be stuck in a rut of spending my cash on cool stuff.
    Yeah, but you only spend your money on GW stuff, so clearly you *aren't* stuck in a rut of spending your money on cool stuff.

Now, if you were spending money on, say, shelves full of Star Wars stuff, I might sympathize.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    A poster called Marky on the front page has mentioned what sound to me to be a great idea. Actually have a season for Blood Bowl and restrict the releases to a set number of months each
    year and have a bit of a narative to go with it. That's great it'd build a bit of excitement each year, stop the game burning out in stores and it'd be a clever way to introduce new stuff, players, rules, game modes etc. Love it.
    Nah. Using that as a narrative means to introduce stuff, yes. Making everything time-limited? No. Someone might want X team but find out it's no longer available because they missed it by a month. Then they just decide not to bother with the game.

Introducing things with seasons, though, would be cool. Maybe the occasional limited Star Player, as long as they weren't ridiculously good. Making things too exclusive, though, would hurt the game, and leave people sticking with the video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    with Mystery as the cool veteran player and Erik as the hot headed newcomer.
    Wait, is this a metaphor for something else? Because as the games go, I don't think 30 years of experience counts as a "newcomer..."

Brother-Captain

Oh no I wouldn't make lots of stuff limited that wouldn't be as good. I was liking the idea of using it to introduce new stuff and to regenerate a buzz to keep it going. Sort of like a new edition buzz without everyone having to buy new rules.

I think Gott was referring to your time in the Lounge. With MM a 20000 post vet and you with a "mere" stripling of 3000
    Last edited by grimmas; 04-06-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not entirely sure I'm comfortable with this.
    Well we've solved the seme or uke question at least >_>

Well it'd a classic tale of Blood Bowl romance. Love it. Are you also thinking a Top Gun inspired tops off sweaty training session? Obviously Blood Bowl not volleyball though.
    Of course! With plenty of charged stares across the scrimmage line and all that. Also fiery arguments full of hidden meaning about who's going to be in charge (of the team) and who's going to decide positions (on the field) etc

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Wait, is this a metaphor for something else? Because as the games go, I don't think 30 years of experience counts as a "newcomer..."
    I think Gott was referring to your time in the Lounge. With MM a 20000 post vet and you with a "mere" stripling of 3000
    That's it exactly.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    So what I'm getting from this post is that someone needs to write a Mystery/Erik (MystErik?) Blood Bowl AU fanfic?

It's obviously a rivals to romance fic, with Mystery as the cool veteran player and Erik as the hot headed newcomer. The question is are they on the same team or not?

Different teams is the classic tale of rivalry with their passion building on the field with someone getting tackled and being surprised by their opponents beautiful eyes, shining amidst the mud and blood of the field. Same teams means a much more psychological build up, with lots of Top Gun style locker room tension and so on.
    Thats exactly how it looks to me, and yes that would be awesome. But why stop at a fanfic? make it a full-on Yaoi manga! MrMystery totally has that silent/cold dom thing going on, while Erik is more as you said hot headed but perhaps has a more sub side to him.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Thats exactly how it looks to me, and yes that would be awesome. But why stop at a fanfic? make it a full-on Yaoi manga! MrMystery totally has that silent/cold dom thing going on, while Erik is more as you said hot headed but perhaps has a more sub side to him.
    +1

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

perhaps has a more sub side to him.
    Heh. You do not know me at all.

Banned

Well I'm glad this is accurate then:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast