BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Times are definitely a'changin'

The official Age of Sigmar Facebook page just did a little something.

That little something was promoting a non-GW tournament, specifically the South Coast Grand Tournament.

Don't believe me?

Here's a screen grab.

And yep. It does say Games Workshop will be attending, and providing live coverage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	17979  
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Interesting.... I hope GW brings the 'hobby fluff feel' back to events and moves things away from the 'Ardboyz mentality of "kill thy neighbor."
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

"But tournaments kill the hobby and Age of Sigmar wasn't meant for tournaments and if you do an Age of Sigmar tournament you're doing it wrong and GW hates you!"

Heh. Maybe that'll shut up the idiots who complain about the existence of tournaments. (My tolerance for those comments is past gone, so no nice terms for them.)

Good to see they're putting forth an effort for community engagement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Interesting.... I hope GW brings the 'hobby fluff feel' back to events and moves things away from the 'Ardboyz mentality of "kill thy neighbor."
    GW's not running the tourney. It's up to the tourney organizers, who I trust more to do that, since GW were the ones who decided 'Ard Boyz was a good idea (and it was a great idea if their intentions were to foster a WAAC environment and sully the reputation of tournaments everywhere).

They could release a new version of the RTT packet, though, that'd be nice for FLGS's. Only, y'know, don't try to charge the stores for it.

[url=https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer?N=102295+4294965182&Nu=product.repositor yId&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat44 0002a-flat]Blimey. They're really turning that cart about![/url]

They've bundled up the top three armies from the SCGT and put them on their website.

Fairly sure this is unprecedented in the modern day? They did similar waaaaay back when with WD army bundles, but from memory, never Tournament winners?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Yeah- they're definitely trying new things.

I like that. I wonder how it will pan out for them, but I hope it goes well.

To me, I don't feel a huge catharsis when I see their revinue dwindling during the seventh year of growth for independent hobby retailers. I'd rather they turned it around by becoming the friendlier GW we've always wanted them to be.

www.GardenNinja.com

I can't see it doing any damage at all - and the forthcoming Generals Handbook likewise (for my thoughts on those berating them for adding points, see elsewhere).

They're making a definite effort to change tack on community relations. Whilst I'm sure there will remain those determined to put them down at every opportunity, even when such putdowns are clearly contradictory from event to event, they do deserve acknowledgement of their new found efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I can't see it doing any damage at all - and the forthcoming Generals Handbook likewise (for my thoughts on those berating them for adding points, see elsewhere).

They're making a definite effort to change tack on community relations. Whilst I'm sure there will remain those determined to put them down at every opportunity, even when such putdowns are clearly contradictory from event to event, they do deserve acknowledgement of their new found efforts.
    I'll give it proper acknowledgement. It is too little, too late. Moreover, you cannot build a castle on a foundation of sand. The rules are awful. People are doing their best to cope with them, but most others are just finding better rules. They have stretched the rubber band to the breaking point. It didn't break, but it is stretched out and never going back to its original, useful shape. I'm not saying this just to be a doomsayer. I'm just being honest. The writing is on the walls at the local LGS, online, and clearly in their own dwindling numbers.

We will see.

The new points announcement has our super tournament FLGS having created two tournaments now this summer for it, and both have 12-15 players signed up. That same store had 0 AOS players before the announcement.

If that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

And once again, without evidence, Caitsidhe likes to speak for 'the majority'.....

The fact of the matter is GW scrapped our game. Nothing can change that and undo the bad feeling that generated. I play AOS. But I no longer see it as my main hobby like I used to. I have cabinets full of warhammer armies that are pretty much redundant and I hate the beefed up/40k looking aesthetics and the fact that you can't really mingle new with old.
    Every time I think about buying a new release I think...why the hell should I pay a huge amount of cash for second rate figures to play in a game that really doesn't work as well as it should have done.
    I really don't think any change they make is going to be enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast