BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Rogue One

I'm not

I'm really enjoying the simplified new canon. As has been discussed as nauseum, the books got very, very silly quite quickly. Definitely gems to be found in all eras of the writing, but so much seepage as well.

And I've just started reading 'Life Debt', the second in Chuck Wendig's trilogy post-Endor. Not very far into it, but so far, so good. And I was right! Once you appreciate the author is predominantly a screen writer, his style works that little bit better (odd amounts of detail for a novel, but good to convey stuff to a director to bring it to life).
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

They did, but he was happy to take the money of people that bought them when he licensed them wasn't he?

I got aftermath out the library and the writing is shocking, he's not "in universe" there's too much of "our world" in it. I just found it too obtrusive. It's the first book in years I couldn't finish.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Fair enough. I know what you mean. It's like during the 'Warhammer Legends' trilogy, where Elves kept referring to each other as man or woman. You're not! Your Elves! Why not your own gender pronoun thing words?

It's been a common issue with Aftermath, and to be honest Life Debt isn't looking any different in style.

But I can push through that well enough to enjoy what's there
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Fair enough. I know what you mean. It's like during the 'Warhammer Legends' trilogy, where Elves kept referring to each other as man or woman. You're not! Your Elves! Why not your own gender pronoun thing words?
    Great, something else I'll notice now

Never understood news of reshoots being used as a reason to think a movie is bad. They're incredibly common throughout the industry, it's just suddenly become big news to report them after they leak now.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

I think it's because a few bad films have had them recently?

Plus, internet is like 24 hour news. Everything is reported, whether it's actually noteworthy or not.

Main panic here was apparently they were rejigging the ending, which didn't bode well at first.

Suicide Squad was going to be bad with or without the reshoots tbh, and as we saw from the BvS Extended Cut, the reshot scenes didn't save much either.

Haven't seen Suicide Squad - gonna wait until local pub shows it as part of movie night (turns out, their music license applies to films too )

'S alright, would be good with a few pints in you, I think.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Haven't seen Suicide Squad - gonna wait until local pub shows it as part of movie night (turns out, their music license applies to films too )
    I don't think that actually licenses them to actually play any film though just to use the venue to host a showing, I think you're still supposed to license a public showing with the european distributor.
    It normally says in the opening text that you only have a licence for home viewing and not public performance.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast