BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Eldar Storm Guardians

Wanting to make a bunch of Storm Guardians and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for where to get the conversion parts (other than GW),

The GW ones annoy me as there are the wrong ratio of chain swords to power swords, I don't really like bare heads and you only get one of each special weapon, meaning that I would have to get double the amount of packs to get anywhere near the load out I want.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Chaplain

I bought a box of Dark Eldar Wyches and used the helmets and upper torsos of the Eldar with the legs and arms of the DE. And vis versa to make a kinky looking standard Guardian unit. The Wyches even have a couple of assault weapons, a fusion gun and a flamer. And a couple of blades can be used as the power swords if you plan on spending that many points. Even the pistols don't look out of place. The result is a dam sight more dynamic than using the accessories pack which is limited to parts for 8 figures.

Chaplain

Some piccies to give you an idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldar_0916.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	18236

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldar_0915.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	18237

The 1st pic I chose because you can see what can be done from the bits box, the dude with the flamer is a Wych Guardian mix with the flamer from the Dragons box. The second (in the same picture) is the fusion gun from the Wych set with Wych & Guardian parts. The second picture is there because I didn't realise how prominent her boobs were in Macro. You will note that the paint job is not finished yet and utility belts need to be attached.

Read the above in reverse order, the pics posted on back to front.