GW's been covering an Age of Sigmar Grand Tournament this weekend. You can find the posts (with a lot of photos) on Facebook.

The website for the GT covers the rules:

[url]http://heelanhammer.com/SCGT/[/url]

Going through it all, my one complaint would have to be the rule on bases. There's a rule that you must have the "appropriate" sized round/oval base, and if you don't, you can blue tac your model into the "right" base without losing painting points but do forfeit the chance to win painting awards. This basically means any army used in this GT would have to have been done after AoS launched, or someone would have to painstakingly rebase their old army, something a lot of us won't do because it carries huge risk of ruining the model (especially with frail models).

I might also have a slight issue with handing out points for bringing painted terrain, as not everyone can do that (but at least it's not specified as GW terrain, so I suppose you could make some cheap terrain that works).

Otherwise, not too bad. The "pool" system should just call itself what it is, a points system. You have 150 points, warscrolls and formations have a points cost, spend up to 150 points. It's so much easier to say that and people know what you mean. I feel like they're trying to avoid the term "points" with AoS, even when the system being used is a points system. (I mean the GT organizers when I say "they," not GW, just to clarify.)

But hey, if you want to do a tourney, there's a basic set of ideas on how to do it. And it doesn't seem to be just "bash in your opponent's face"... because the only people who think that's what tournaments are, are people who don't attend tourneys, trolls, or the guys who put together that insanely stupid (and of course destined to fail) 'Ard Boyz mess.