BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default How Do You Paint Tzeentch Beastmen ?

Hey all.

I am hoping the vault of knowledge out there can help me. I decided to go a little outside of the fluff with my beastmen army basing them out of a desert rather than a forest. Instead of raiding and and pillaging from a forest base it was more of wandering from oasis to oasis doing what beastmen do best.

I first tried a muted Yellow scheme however I couldn't manage to make it work (either looked like a rubber duck in armor or blended into the bases and was very boring) so my second thought is to try Tzeentch (blue and purple).

I had seen it done to great effect on the GW site a couple months back but the images are no longer posted. I don't want a boring run of the mill brown army and want my army to stand out but not so much that they are a complete distraction.

Links to images of completed work would be great

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Liazardman; 04-28-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Chapter-Master

id try albino fur because yellow fur/skin looks soiily so albino (bleached bone) fur with a light brown skin tone, gold/ bloue armour and a few simple GS mutations (or spawn spares!!)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Battle-Brother

Hi,

Blue to purple is one of my favorite combinations to work. I basecoat with midnight blue (I know it's discontinued, but if you have a pot about it's amazing) because it has a purplish tinge to it so it's a wonderful base for both. For purple work with Liche Purple, blending in small amounts of bleached bone as you work up to lighter shades, for blue I work with Enchanted Blue, blending with ice blue and bleached bone to get lighter shades. I find that if I blend with skull white for either I tend to get candy colors (my term for too bright and cartoony) rather than subtle color changes. I would do fur scorched brown base and gradually blend in snakebite leather as I work up the shading, then add small amounts of bleached bone to the final mixed color for extreme highlights. A diluted wash of Ogryn Flesh or Gryphonne Sepia will add depth and a nice warm tone to the fur/flesh areas.
    I ramble, but you picked a color combo I love.
    Good luck!
    Ratgirl

Librarian

Personally i'd try to blend a brown up to a blueish tint.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

The old beastmen book had them tiger striped skin with blue fur

Make it Chaotic, and avoid the other God's favorite colors. With Tzeentch, it's all gravy. Especially if they look like they got looked at under a prism.