BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Yup.

Looks like another but why that paintjob?? for the models we've seen.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The Black Orc thing still makes no sense to me and breaks my heart. But this is Warhammer: Age of Overcompensation, so I have to get used to the biggest actually not being the biggest, until they get "proper" new models where you have a unit of infantry that are each larger than a Space Marine Dreadnought. I mean, heck, even the Dwarfs in Warhammer: Age of Supersize Me aren't proper Dwarf size any more.

I dunno dude.

Black Orcs have always being the biggest of the Greenskinz, but never had Big'Uns or Cavalry etc, and Orcs generally in Warhammer didn't have the same size scaling I like about their 40k counterparts.

The Ironjawz are quite close to how I imagine a whole tribe of Black Orcs would look.

But, to each their own!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

If they'd said Ironjaws were Black Orcs who'd been fighting a lot, I could accept that. And a paint job to match would work. But it seems the intent is for Ironjaws to be viewed as the "basic" Orcs for AoS, even though clearly that wouldn't work, because you'd need to be a frontrunner for the Republican Party presidential nomination to afford a sizable army of those guys.

Maybe I'm just being a curmudgeonly old man, but it feels like some old traditions are being kicked to the curb, and while "Warhammer" is in the name, it feels less and less like the setting that a lot of us enjoyed for 30 years.

It would appear that Ironjawz are gonna become their own clan kinda thing though, so Black Orcs are the basic troops for Ironclawz, but not for the other groups of Orcs out there. Sort of like collecting a Ghazgull army with only Nob level units.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Brother-Captain

That's the way I saw it. It fits with how factions are being made up. Black Orks are a whole separate strain of Orruk now with Ironjaws (black Orcs) at the bottom with Brutes and Megabosses above them.

In other news just dredged my bits box and turned up 20 odd boys, 2 Warbosses and a chariot l, not enough in WFB but the core of an army for AoS. Some Brutes , a Maw Krusha and they're good to go.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I don't think there's any intent to portray Ironjawz as standard Orcs.

Some of the reported background specifically states they're just the biggest, 'ardest types of Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

Some of the reported background specifically states they're just the biggest, 'ardest types of Orc.
    Yeah, you're kind of saying the same thing... But anyway, it still feels wrong to me.

Given that I can only get a few of them once I pay off everything that's even remotely important and can justify to myself spending an army's worth of money on a very, VERY small number of models, I'll get some of the new stuff, paint them with suitably dark skin, and use them as elite Black Orcs. I can't ever afford more than a few anyway. Unless I win the lottery. Or blackmail a CEO. Or get a hairpiece and run for president.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

I don't doubt it. There'll be another faction for "ordinary" Orruks
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Brother-Captain

I think there's 3 Orruk factions. The Ironjawz are the biggest 'ardest Orruks, the Bonesplitters are the primitive savage types and the Greenskinz are the regular Orruks. There might be more, but I think it's just the 3 types.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast