BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Background Knowledge

I want this thread to be for us all to ask each other about our knowledge on "???" subject in the 40K universe.

I'll start off with a question about the 4 C'tan. I know about the Nightbringer and the Deceiver after reading my brothers codex:Necrons but I was wondering who the other 2 surviving C'tan were and I would like to know a little about them.

Thanks

Chaplain

Well, one of them, the Void Dragon, is entombed beneath Mars, and is likely the source of a lot of the AdMec's knowledge.

The other one, I forget the name, is trapped in a Dyson sphere at the edge of the Galaxy, and may well be responisble for directing the Tyranids into our Galaxy, but that's still highly contreversial whether it was intentional on the part of either the C'Tan or the Hive Mind, or if it was just a fluke interaction.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Veteran-Sergeant

The other C'Tan is the outsider, who was tricked into eating most of the other C'tan by the Eldar Laughing God. The Outsider is also very probably insane. And likely the most powerful of all four of the C'tan.

Battle-Brother

Very Powerful. Considering one of the implacable Hive fleets split in two AROUND his Dyson sphere, I'd say he's untabletopable (if that's even a word.)
    "Impefection is Death!"-Rasscare 'The Imperious' Vallax, Warlord of The Golden Brotherhood.

Battle-Brother

I wouldnt be surprised if the Tyranids are avoiding all tomb worlds. There simply isnt anything to eat there thus attacking those planets and even the Necrons themselves would be a waste of resources.

Good idea for a thread btw!
    Last edited by Steakhouse; 08-08-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Compliment

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Steakhouse View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if the Tyranids are avoiding all tomb worlds. There simply isnt anything to eat there thus attacking those planets and even the Necrons themselves would be a waste of resources.

Good idea for a thread btw!
    Well, keep in mind that not all Tomb Worlds are empty. Many Imperial planets are unknowingly built on dormant tomb worlds, so there is a chance that Tyranids would attack a dormant tomb world by accident, thus waking up the Necrons, but I'll agree that an active tomb world is likely not an attractive target for the 'nids, what with the ever decreasing amount of biomass on-world.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks I just decided that threads about what people wanted from games workshop were useless as GW probably wont really care. Atleast this way all of us fans can help each other

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor McSagington View Post
    Very Powerful. Considering one of the implacable Hive fleets split in two AROUND his Dyson sphere, I'd say he's untabletopable (if that's even a word.)
    And remember - The C'tan are supposedly being phased out of standard 40k, as they're Apoc standard.

So, the Outsider is potentially > Apoc Level.
    A strong believer that the truth hurts.

Veteran-Sergeant

A 5000pt model lol

Veteran-Sergeant

OK question 2: where did all the Stunties go? One minute they are a core part of the Imperial Guard, the next that have utterly disappeared...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast