BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Stunties??

Chaplain

They were in the way of one of the tyranid hivefleets and were EATEN.
    Well, the squat homeworlds were eaten anyway. There may have been some settlement/colonies surviving somewhere, considering they never forgot how their tech worked and used to teach the AM how to do stuff.

The tyranids go around the outsider because ALL C'tan push back the warp (in all usages) and suppress the hive mind so the fleet would esentially be split into two halves.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by chromedog View Post
    They were in the way of one of the tyranid hivefleets and were EATEN.
    Well, the squat homeworlds were eaten anyway. There may have been some settlement/colonies surviving somewhere, considering they never forgot how their tech worked and used to teach the AM how to do stuff.

The tyranids go around the outsider because ALL C'tan push back the warp (in all usages) and suppress the hive mind so the fleet would esentially be split into two halves.
    HE SAID THE S WORD!!

Reset the SquatClock!
    "Impefection is Death!"-Rasscare 'The Imperious' Vallax, Warlord of The Golden Brotherhood.

The Demiurg are thought to be a modern reappearance of the Squats due to their high technology level and stunted growth

Battle-Brother

Currently the Demiurge have only been referenced obliquely. It's known they're spread out around the galaxy in Brotherhoods or Clan ships. They're not known for being planet bound, though it could be that it simply hasn't come up yet. Some of them are aligned with the Tau, most of them aren't. That's really all that's known.

I had kind of hoped that GW would take a look at what made Dwarves quintessentially Dwarves and give that a solid sci-fi twist. The beard and stature for example. How do we make those elements really spacey? Well what if the beard IS the dwarf? Like it's a major sensory organ? The body is little more then a brain/head object sitting in a tiny couch and the sensory tendrils extend out to taste the air. The stunty body is actually an armature controlled by it's rider to help their squishy, space developed bodies survive in a very hostile universe. On the downside, it's an armature so their movements aren't the fastest.

Ahh, were I a lore designer at GW *wistful tear*

Grand Provost Marshal

I'd say the quintessential elements of dwarves are their high craftsmanship, skill at arms, and stubbornness in the face of adversity, along with short, strong stature. The beard is just trappings, and mainly speaks of fantasy settings (with their emphasis on facial hair in general). I think this is actually one of the areas that PP did such a good job of re-imagining dwarves was the removal of beards almost entirely. Between that and having them not live below ground, it really makes it a little fresher.

So...if they were to revamp the archetype, I think good battle prowess, gear, and stubbornness, along with living only on their starships, etc.

The problem with that idea in 40k is that that is kind of what Space Marines are. Since all units move the same speed, you can't really make them slower. But the high S, T, BS/WS, and LD all seem dwarf to me.
    Last edited by Faultie; 08-14-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    I think this is actually one of the areas that PP did such a good job of re-imagining dwarves was the remove of beards almost entirely.
    What does PP stand for?

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Steakhouse View Post
    What does PP stand for?
    Sorry - Privateer Press.

Question - When did Space Marines (mostly Ultramarines) stop painting their Boltguns Red to Honor the Machine Spirits. Looking at the pictures in the 5th Ed Core rule book where they showcase the armies the guns are red, but in the 5th Ed Codex:SM they are black or Boltgun Metal... some random pics still have red ones but i would say its less then 2% of them that do.

Librarian

Overlook by GW. My guess
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast