BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Also the marines have no conflict of intrests in the matter, so it's unlikely that they will alter the narrative. With the exception of some weirdo chapter that might fancy the word bearers approach. But on the average the marines know that they have some emperor juice in them and that the emperor is just a very badass primarch, and a primarch is a very badass marine.

Chaplain

I should also probaly point out that the term god is a pretty relative one, well it has been through human history anyway. A god can range from a bunch of big *** giants through stuff like the greek olympiads to the christian omnipresent ideal.

The Soul Drinkers come to mind. They kind of appear to be like Cypher in that neither of them fit within the Imperium's strict ideas of how to help themselves. But they aren't necessarily trying to hurt the Imperium either.

So I guess we've come to a reasonably straightforward agreement on the marines, and how they regard the emperor. Let me summaries, and from there shoot me down if you like!

1. Space marines, largely, do not consider the emperor a god.

2. Like everything else with Marines, there will be exceptions.

3. Space marines nonetheless perform acts - praying, blessing, memorizing holy texts - typically associated with the worship of gods, but this does not necessarily make them theists.

4. The emperor has great deals of cosmic power, and sometimes indeed intervenes in mortal affairs.

5. This does not make the marines particularly wrong or the common man particularly right, as they seem to mean different things when they claim the emperor is, or isn't, a God.

How's that?

Sounds right to me.

Well only the Raven Guard's write up says explicitly that they DO NOT think of the Emp as a God. I think most other Legions / chapters are some ware closer to God Worship then the RG.
    Last edited by Lord Lorne Walkier; 05-18-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Force21 View Post
    I thought The Grey Knights worship The Emperor...

I am not sure though...
    They're also mind-wipped fanatics with Astartes bodies and psyker powers - Paladins out of inhuman conditioning more than anything else. Still badasses though...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345