BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I find it quite appealing personally, and I would say so yeah. I think a melee arm on a knight has limited application against infantry units, but a couple of rapid fire battle cannons will destroy mobs, marines, vehicles...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Gotta say that those gun upgrade points costs are pretty whack.

50pts for another battlecannon? *whistles*
    An indestructible Battlecannon that can fire every turn the Knight remains on the table

And of course can split fire, allowing the Knight to stuff up two squads of Marine types are turn. That's pretty ace!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

If the "Renegade" version is Chaos faction, that'll make it easier to pair my "dishonored" Knight with Orks (and, of course, Chaos). Huzzah!

Of course, I have to buy a $200 game to do that... but oh well, I'll model the two new Knights up, probably as more Knights who are looking to regain their lost honor. Then I can run a proper Knight detachment and get more use out of my Knights codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Indeed - but is it 50pts more of a mess than the arm weapon its replacing?

Thats the question
    Depends on your meta.
    If you need you knight in melee vs MCs for example (Talos, various Nid MCs,...) then you wont remove the CC arm.
    Against horde and things you dont want to go on melee with you switch do double shooting.
    "Standard" infantry is no issue anyways as even without any weapon you still keep stomp and with 12" movement you have to mess up a lot if you get catched by anything slower than yourself (also remeber you have smashdown)

Heck, even without the CC weapon, you can charge a "horde" with a Knight. It's still going to do a couple wounds normally, but the Stomps will wreck stuff, and you likely won't be damaged in return. Just have to make sure it's not a Fearless unit that'll lock you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Depends on your meta.
    If you need you knight in melee vs MCs for example (Talos, various Nid MCs,...) then you wont remove the CC arm.
    Against horde and things you don't want to go on melee with you switch do double shooting.
    "Standard" infantry is no issue anyways as even without any weapon you still keep stomp and with 12" movement you have to mess up a lot if you get caught by anything slower than yourself (also remember you have smash down)
    Eh, most monstrous creatures can't scratch a Knight in combat without smash attacking anyway, so it's strength 10 ap2 attacks will be more than sufficient to deal with them.
    Especially if they have to go through 2 of those Gatling cannons (Which will make a mockery of any that don't have 2+ armour and/or feel no pain)

Even with a 2+, there's enough shots there to make Rending a serious concern.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I don't find the product interesting myself, but it is a good deal and I can see the appeal for others. I do wonder if it is testing the waters for a new Epic titan game though.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Darksphere are selling it for a pifilling, I say pifilling £90......

Really difficult to say no to that price, no?

Chapter-Master

gone from the site now though, or was an hour ago anyway. completely removed, not just out of stock or anything.

never mind it has reappeared as a second delivery wave, released 28th instead of 23rd

I ordered mine on Saturday morning anyway, soon as it went up
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast