BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default GW DOES do partwork (Well Black Library anyway)...

You know that thread Mr Mystery put out about GW doing partwork?

Well it turns out Black Library are going to do that. Some of the free gifts are pretty cool especially the Tankard.

Nothing more to say, check out the linky:

[URL="http://www.warhammer40klegends.com/"]http://www.warhammer40klegends.com/[/URL]
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Good Glayvin!

The Mystery-Stuff-Predictor-O-Matic kind of works!

Also the same company what do the Dredd Megacollection, which I also get (up to issue 35, I think. Quality is pretty good - I've only had one with a slightly ropey binding, and even then I think that's mostly thanks to the genius Postman leaving it in a puddle).

Dredd one is 80 issues at £9.99 a pop (and if there's any WWE fans out there, did you read the £9.99 the same way I did? If not, why not?)

Will give this one some consideration....mostly into my Warhammer/AoS fiction, but it does look awfully, awfully pretty.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, ok. I've signed up.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

That were quick!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I like Hachette, and I can always find room for more books. Format might be a little odd, but happy to work with it.

Plus, it kicks off with First Heretic, so seems a solid way for me to get all my Heresy ducks in a row, especially as they've now monkied about with the book size format. The sods. Hate that.

Oh, and Hachette when things go wrong? Junkie 'Tea Leaf' O'Crackhead in my old building used to like stealing post, including one set of my Dredd books. Hachette replaced them without any fuss.

- - - Updated - - -

Also....INB4BUTIOWNALLREADYWHYTHEYDOTHIS?

Hachette Partworks are sold in Newsagents. This means for possibly the first time ever, GW are reaching out to an incredibly casual market. It's been a long time since they were available, but I'm fairly sure Warhammer Monthly and Inferno! weren't sold outside of the usual places? Memory may be skewed as I only ever bought them in my local GW, thus I didn't exactly go looking for them elsewhere.

And as the background is the life blood of 40k.....interested to see how this goes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

BLARGH.

The $15 every two weeks was already a bit of a "hmm" point, but maybe could have been okay, because the concept is cool, and those gifts look cool, and you can just imagine you're also paying for them. (It's more a thing of me having to remember X amount at certain points coming out of my budget, which is why I haven't grabbed any of the nerdy sub boxes yet, including Star Wars.)

But the big killer for me is that I don't live in the UK, so... can't do it. They don't deliver to the rest of Europe, much less America or elsewhere. Oh well.

Interesting idea, though. But really limited in audience.

I dare say if it's successful, it will turn up elsewhere.

Certainly Australia now gets the Dredd Megacollection - and I think they're a few issues behind us?

May be a case of needing to find a distributor. In my plebby ignorance, I don't even know if partworks are common in the US?

Veteran-Sergeant

Sadly this is not available in Canada. I would love to subscribe to it if it ever comes across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    May be a case of needing to find a distributor. In my plebby ignorance, I don't even know if partworks are common in the US?
    Hadn't heard of the concept/company before, but that could just be personal ignorance.

Is this anything like the old Inferno magazine? That'd be nice to have back.

Seems to be predominantly existing Novels, rather than new stuff. But of course, that doesn't rule out collected forms of stuff previously only in Inferno!

If it helps, this is really like my Dredd collection, which is basically a curated cruise around the Dreddiverse, one which by the end will be pretty comprehensive. Rather than issued here in strict order of release, it's instead 'this is the best place to start, and issue 80 the logical place to wrap it up'.

And again, like the Dredd collection (same company behind it) there'll be editorial notes about each volume, the whys and wherefores of the story etc.

So even if you have all the books already, there's at least a small something here.

First-Captain

They reprint existing material in hardcovers, two a month.

The do it with Judge Dredd (I have up after the first 5, I realised I already owned all the stories in other formats and it wasn't a good value proposition, but the quality was spot on) Marvel and DC Comics. This is the first time I've seen them do novels, but the concept is great, especially for newer fans.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast