BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

They're not connected to Polestar are they? They've just closed a massive printing factory near us that used to produce those weekly monthly collectables comics, magazines etc
    If they are they might be needing a new printer.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

That, I do not know....

Guess I'll have to wait for Hachette to tell me what's happening with Dredd, and/or BL to get back to me about this one

In fact, come to think of it, the bloke in the ground floor flat works on the Draw The Marvel Way set....wonder if he might know something?
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 05-25-2016 at 08:01 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Panic not!

Dredd volumes have shown up, so less worry

'The Life and Crimes of P.J. Maybe' is particularly ace!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Warhammer Legends website today saying: 'Sorry we're no longer taking subscriptions but leave us your email address and we'll be in touch when we have more news'.

Well that's a bit crap.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

What I am about to paste sms like the latest information from Hachette. So, if I read correctly this is going ahead from next week....

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your interest in the Warhammer 40,000 Legends Collection and we would like to apologise for the lack of communication over the last few weeks.

As part of our publication process, we test a new title in a given area in order to gauge the level of interest to decide whether the collection will be launched nationally.

The response to Warhammer 40,000 Legends Collection has been extremely positive and as a result we have received many more subscribers than expected. Due to news of the collection spreading so fast we have received a lot of subscribers outside of the test area including your own subscription and we have not had enough stock available to immediately fulfil these orders.

We have had to wait for stock to be returned from retail stores to be able to fulfil orders and this unfortunately takes longer than we would have liked.

We will be sending you issue 1 free of charge next week and we are expecting stock to be returned over the course of the next few days which will enable us to also send you issue 2 free of charge. Please be assured that you will not have been charged anything for the test run.

We are really sorry for this delay and our lack of communication, but hope that you will enjoy the books when they arrive and we hope to have some good news soon concerning a full national roll out of the collection.

Many thanks.
    Hachette Partworks Ltd.

Hmm.

It's not dead then. Just a massively successful test, which will be repeated?

Hmmmmmmm.

I do wonder what will happen with the free gifts they were offering.

Well, just 'nipped' to the post office to grab a mystery parcel....and it was my two free issues!

Got The First Heretic and Xenos.

Books are pretty much the same size as your average GW hardback novel, but without dust jackets. Paper stock is good, and Xenos features some colour art pages, showing off stuff from the forthcoming Eisenhorn pootery game.

Hoping they'll do the full series - nicely produced books, and a reasonable price at £9.99 each.

Chapter-Master

So, a small update. My free issues arrived (at my parents). It is First Heretic and Xenos - although one says issue 1 on the back, and the other says 70! There is 1 magazine, a letter thanking me for taking part in a small 4-issue subscription run, and a second letter thanking me for my full subscription and telling me of the free gifts I'll get.

All in all I reckon they massively underestimated the take up of the geeks of 40k and hachette have made a hash of it.

It is possible. £10 for a BL hardback is surprisingly a very good price.

Finished reading Xenos now. Cracking read, and the book itself is of decent quality!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast