BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Just don't put them off in their own team. An all-ladies team would be fine, but mix in some options for humans and elves at least. (Orcs supposedly don't have females... and we'll leave that alone rather than comment on one of the weirdest bits of Warhammer world trivia.)

You take that back young man!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well, they claimed there were no Orc females, and when someone asked about that model, Jervis's answer was, no kidding, "boob squigs."

You forced us to "go there," so... yeah.

First-Captain

Yep, Blood Bowl exists in a very weird version of the Warhammer World. Female Orcs, corporate sponsorship, Vampires and Mummies being friends...

Glad to see they're keeping that part of the game alive, from the FB page its displayed enough humour and weirdness to be Blood Bowl.

Need to dig out my Blood Bowl books - Compendium and Star Player.

I know for certain there's a passage that Dark Elf Cheerleaders were as dangerous as the players, and indeed largely interchangeable - but I can't recall if there was actually rules for that.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Rings a bell in the text, don't think it was a specific rule though

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Need to dig out my Blood Bowl books - Compendium and Star Player.

I know for certain there's a passage that Dark Elf Cheerleaders were as dangerous as the players, and indeed largely interchangeable - but I can't recall if there was actually rules for that.
    No rules it was a "did you know" piece I think it was the Darkside Cowboys' cheerleaders who dished out a thumping
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Sounds about right.

But there totes should be rules!

Perhaps they charm their way into the dugout, then give any players there a good shoeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Just don't put them off in their own team. An all-ladies team would be fine, but mix in some options for humans and elves at least. (Orcs supposedly don't have females... and we'll leave that alone rather than comment on one of the weirdest bits of Warhammer world trivia.)
    Yup, I'd rather have a human team with one female lineman, catcher,thrower and blitzer than wait god knows how long for a human female team or witch elf team or something. Ditto for other races.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yup, I'd rather have a human team with one female lineman, catcher,thrower and blitzer than wait god knows how long for a human female team or witch elf team or something. Ditto for other races.
    Using some lame excuse like "women aren't as physically strong," aside from being slap-worthy, also wouldn't be applicable in a game that had Elf linemen. I think any human female would still be harder to snap in half than an Elf. (An opponent decided to run up the score on me with an Elf team once, so I decided to run up the body count. It was fun.)

Actually, I don't think Blood Bowl linemen are really any bigger typically than other positions... I think I'm letting actual NFL positions taint my view of Blood Bowl positions. Offensive and defensive linemen in the NFL are around 300 pounds or more typically, while a receiver (catcher) would be more like 200 pounds. The Blood Bowl equivalent is a Black Orc to an Orc, but Black Orcs are blitzers, and that's a special situation anyway. I don't think most teams really have a physical difference between a lineman and a catcher.
    Last edited by Erik Setzer; 04-15-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast