BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Looking at page 57 of the core book, I see it noted that Malerion and Tyrion wanted to find their own kind, but it doesn't really get specific on what happened. Slaanesh ate the elves, and had to retreat to a secret lair. The only hint that they found him was:

"As secretive as he was, however, Slaanesh did not escape the plotting of Tzeentch, who manipulated Khorne and the two newly born aelf gods."

It's also interesting that in the same paragraph they capitalized "Chaos God" but not "aelf gods." Kind of ties into the topic here.

So that book leaves it up in the air on whether they found him or not, and certainly what happened after that.

I also seem to have missed the passage on Malerion finding Morathi (albeit "changed"). Didn't she end up going off with Slaanesh or something? Sure, she was in the midst of daemons when he found her, but... well, it's so vague that it's hard to guess what was going on.

And, of course, it notes in those pages that the elf gods couldn't find any other elves anywhere, which is what got them wanting to go off after Slaanesh... and then later we're told there were plenty of elves who eventually retreated into Azyrheim, in one of the strongest ways the fluff is contradicting itself. They want to have Slaanesh have eaten all the elves, but they wanted to sell elf models right now and explain why someone can play an army of elves. Just didn't really think it through when they were first writing that all the elves were missing. They need a Lucy Wilson type person. (For those who didn't know, she was in charge of keeping the continuity straight in the Star Wars universe, until Lucas himself started mucking with it, and then eventually it all got out of hand with the desire for money over a cohesive story. She did a good job for a long time, though, but no Lucy Wilson around is how we get the mess in The Old Republic MMO.)

Also, hey! Got a preferred pronoun for Slaanesh! Guess that makes sense as Slaanesh is the Dark Prince, but it changes depending on how he's feeling or who he's manipulating.

Bit of minor threadomancy, because recent books have clarified things somewhat, not least Alarielle's triumphant (and if the constant sold out is anything to go buy, rather lucrative) return.

Specifically, it's now clear Alarielle [i]can[i] create new life, and arguably new life forms. And it's the latter I find particularly intriguing.

So far as I can recall, this makes her the first entity outside of Chaos Gods and the Old Ones to be capable of this feat. Stormcast again don't count in my book, as they're upgraded mortals. But Sylvaneth are all Alarielle's children.

Now, there are of course some fairly broad assumptions here, mostly that Alarielle and the rest of Sigmar's pantheon are all of the same, roughy analogous power level.

The same is possibly true of Gorkamorka, with the rise of Ironjawz. However, it's not at all clear if Ironjawz are the inevitable end product of Orcs fighting non-stop for 500 years (yep, we now have a set time scale for the Age of Chaos, or at least how long it's been since Sigmar sealed Azyr, and the beginning of the Realmgate Wars), or the direct result of Gorkamorka's divine influence.

To be fair, that ambiguous nature is very fitting for Orcs - their history has always been patchy, and centred on particularly impressive Bosses and their exploits. What isn't ambiguous however is that they're recognisably Orcy, in so far as the more they fight and win, the bigger and bigger they get (and the rowdier and fightier).

Of course, I'm not for a second suggesting Gorkamorka/Gork/Mork consciously thought 'wot I needz IZ BIGGS BOYZ!' Because that's not even remotely Orcy (or really suggested). Instead it's more 'this is what happens when the big guy personally leads a Waaagh!)

Right, discuss!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123