BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    It only needs a rewrite if you think that sort of messiness is an issue. I get the impression that GW aren't trying to limit themselves with clear rules to their magic system.

Maybe that GW is going for a mythic approach. Gods in mythology are basically capable of whatever the story suggests- sometimes the immortals cannot be killed (imprisoned Loki) and sometimes they can (dead Baldur).

Probably, the chaos gods are the weaker ones- the only personal encounter that'd been had was a big loss for the chaos god.

So the incarnates are more powerful. Clearly.

Very good point. If your rules are too tight in that regard it's very much going to limit your creativity to some degree. GW clearly do not want to limit AoS, certainly in regard to creativity.

Khorne (or rather his sword) did make a brief and very destructive appearance in the Old World during the Endtimes. So it isn't totally impossible for the chaos gods to manifest.

On the OP I'd say that the Chaos gods were more representative of an Abrahamic God. In that they are individually very powerful but somewhat restricted to a separate plain of existence and will effect the world through their followers and indirect means rather than directly involve themselves in person. Where as the others are representative of a polytheistic pantheon like the Norse or Greek gods who are more limited in their scope of power but who do directly involve themselves with events.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Brother-Captain

Do we actually know what has happened to Slaanesh yet? As far as I knew, the two confirmed facts are that Slaanesh is missed and hir daemons are searching for hir, and that certain ex-elvish Incarnates (now almost certainly some flavour of divinity) were involved.

If they're of a similar power level to Sigmar, it would make sense that they could 'punch up' enough to temporarily disable a Chaos god. Or maybe some sort of trickery was involved and Slaanesh can hear everything their worshippers are praying, but no matter how much shi shouts none can hear hir. (Okay, so that's blatantly inspired by my recent phone troubles...) Malerion is the God of Shadow, I sincerely doubt he confronted Slaanesh head on.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I haven't gotten the latest book (or the novels, because I'm not in a novel reading mood), but the last I remember reading as official fluff, Slaanesh was simply "missing" and the two Elves were looking for Slaanesh, and that's it. There's nothing to suggest they found Slaanesh and actually did anything. It was basically a plot point dropped there to excuse a lack of new Slaanesh stuff and explain the new Elves whenever they get released. And then the Internet got hold of it and rampant speculation took over.

Will double check my book, but I'm fairly certain Slaanesh was Godnapped?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Will double check my book, but I'm fairly certain Slaanesh was Godnapped?
    Does it actually specifically say that? Having a hard time remembering, but I feel like that might have just been a rumor. But hey, I might have missed something or confused a couple bits.

Yup.

Just checked. Tyrion and Malerion kidnapped him.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

She was all bloated and sleeping off eating all the delicious Elf souls from the End Times and was easy prey!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yup.

Just checked. Tyrion and Malerion kidnapped him.
    Where is that noted? Want to go brush up on that, and I'm not keen trying to sift through hundreds of pages to find it.

First-Captain

Pretty sure that's stated in the free Primer they put out, if not, its certainly in the first of the big books. The unnumbered one.

Yup.

Their godnapping shenanigans contributed to the rise of Chaos - they were too distracted by that quest to properly stand with Sigmar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast