BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Truescale Grey Hunter with Great Co Standard

Current WIP shots of a Grey Hunter carrying the great company banner that I've been working up.

Hereis a pic with two shoulder shields.

There's still a lot to do with this fella. Like adding a wolf pelt and triming the shoulder pads to make them look more like the standard ones. Plus the axe will need a little more detailing to be to my liking...

I'm also debating the following items:

1. The head. I was thinking to have him look to the side but I like the partially forward look in these pics better. I do plan on going with a full bearded head with plenty of shaggy hair!
    2. The round shields on the shoulders. I like these but they may cover too much of the painful detail I sculpted on his chest… especially the one on the banner arm... or if I add wolf tails to them!
    3. The banner – I tried doing one from GS but it turned out way too big. At the moment I’m thinking of using the regular marine banner and adding mini-banners streaming down the side.

Any suggestions or preferences?
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 05-16-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Looks great. Can't wait to see your progress.

Battle-Brother

Awesome work! I agree with the head facing partially forward and the shoulder sheilds. I think the idea of the standard marine banner with the mini banners would add more than enuff detail to his rh side. A main chapter/company banner with some mini campaign banners maybe?

Cant wait to se him painted
    If all the world is a stage and we are players in it .... can someone tell me where the audience sits?

Chapter-Master

Thanks guys! I may attach a wolf pelt across his back and use the shoulder shields as the connection points... Of course I make everything up as I go along so who knows what may happen before it's all done!

Chapter-Master

Here's an update on this fella:

[URL=http://imgur.com/PNd2j.jpg][/URL]

Any thoughts about this head? This model calls for a nice full beard but I'm afraid this head may not fit the body properly even though I sculpted an armoured neck plate to raise it a bit. I can't turn it quite as far toward the left shoulder as I would like! Maybe I'm too anal about these things!!

I also scavenged a couple of smaller shields that I think look better and added the shoulder pad trim. I positioned the shoulder pads to have a little space because I'm thinking of adding a wolf pelt over the back attached to the small shields.

I also noticed that I damaged the grey stuff pushing the head in so I'm off to smooth it out before it dries!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

I think the bald/beard head is better for this guy. The braids work well, but maybe the beard needs to be a little bushier over his cheeks (next to his mouth) to fit in with the increased scale? I actually think the angle of the head is about right and seems quite natural.
    Top work either way.

Battle-Brother

Agreed on the bald/beard combo... and the smaller sheilds look great ... altho they seem to have pushed the rh shoulder pad back a lil too far....?
    If all the world is a stage and we are players in it .... can someone tell me where the audience sits?

Librarian

Top-notch work, although I have to agree with Ugly about the right shoulder pad.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Battle-Brother

Fantastic! Definitely a good call to go with the bearded head.

I love how much time you are putting into converting / sculpting each of these models.

Battle-Brother

He's looking great. The greenstuff work is very clean.

ElTanko

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast