BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Thanks guys! I had never used green stuff or plasticard for much until I was bit by the truescale marine bug this spring. It has been an interesting experience! (not all good either!)

After deciding to go with truescale marines I decided to go for space wolves. I thought their individual nature would fit the time and effort going into each model well! Plus I love the futuristic viking, fantasy, sci-fi blend!

I made some progress today. I made a replacement GS banner which will need to cure for a good long while. I also bulked out the sides of the beard with a little GS and added the final sunray above the wolves muzzle. I also worked in 6 pairs of legs for the next squad. I'm aiming for a 2000 point army at some point, although it may be a year or more in the making!

Nicely done. The sculpting on the chest is superb.

I'd suggest making sure the banner, and any pelts/cloaks all "hang" in the same direction as his braided beard. It helps tie the different elements of the model together when suggested movement is all in the same direction.

Space Wolves are a great choice because you get so many extra details you can add that help conceal any potentially messed up greenstuff work. I personally want to make a big Arjac Rockfist to fit in a regular scale SW army.
    Last edited by Lamenter; 05-02-2010 at 03:47 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lamenter View Post
    Nicely done. The sculpting on the chest is superb.

I'd suggest making sure the banner, and any pelts/cloaks all "hang" in the same direction as his braided beard. It helps tie the different elements of the model together when suggested movement is all in the same direction.
    Thank you! I really appreciate the tips!

I love your website and to be honest your work is what finally inspired me to have a go at a truescale army. Although, I'm not sure whether to thank you for that or not!

Truthfully, I can't thank you enough for your website tutorial. Without it I wouldn't have known where to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamenter View Post
    Space Wolves are a great choice because you get so many extra details you can add that help conceal any potentially messed up greenstuff work. I personally want to make a big Arjac Rockfist to fit in a regular scale SW army.
    I've used these details on more then a few occasions to hide any dodgy work. I'm still debating how to do upsized termie armour. There is an awful lot of GS on the termie squad you put together and I don't fancy being able to keep mine as smooth as yours!
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 05-02-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Truthfully, I can't thank you enough for your website tutorial. Without it I wouldn't have known where to start!
    Your most welcome.

I'd like to put together a massive gallery of true/art/actual scale marines a some point in the near future. Not just mine but anyone who's braved the greenstuff, with full links and credit given of course.

Would you be ok with me adding examples of your own to the roster?

Chapter-Master

Absolutely! I'm working on my second 10 man grey hunter squad and need 60 to 70 marines to finish the army. There should be a few photo worthy minis in the lot!

Chapter-Master

Here is a current progress shot. I added some detail to te axe haft, the central banner, bulked out the beard and added the final sunray above the wolves muzzle although it doesn't show up in this pic at all!

The completed banner will have small side banners streaming all the way down to the ground. They're curing at the moment and can't be disturbed.

And for scale comparison here he is next to a DKK guardsman.

[url=http://imgur.com/vDxtC.jpg][/url]

Puny human! eh-hem... sorry, couldn't resist! :-)
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 05-16-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Librarian

Looks amazing, but what are you gonna do for the back/power pack?
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Chapter-Master

Following the Master of the Forge I made a widened power pack by cutting and joining two normal ones. As soon as it dries I will be adding some wolf details to it!

The side pennants are finished and stream 90mm almost to the base. I am using a round shield as the central finial. I may also sculpt the wolf pelt down the back secured by the little shields to the shoulderpads/upper chest.

I'll be on holiday for the next couple of weeks and won't be able to post updates but I should have him finished and ready to paint when I return. I still have to do something at night, right?

Chapter-Master

Here are a couple progress shots:

Front:

[URL=http://imgur.com/DNOP0.jpg][/URL]

Rear:

[URL=http://imgur.com/aK3v8.jpg][/URL]

Close up with SM Scout:

[URL=http://imgur.com/2OVVy.jpg][/URL]

So is he ready to paint?

wow man!!!!! any advise on green stuff mods? do i buy alot and mix it all, keep it moist, cut it with a knife? thats impressive!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast