BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Reason for more psychic powers

This is a crazy theory, but what if Space Marines were granted a ton more powers to set up a future release? Reset the clock, cause I think the 4 new powers were to set up a Sisters of Battle release.

The Sisters of Battle didn't really have a 'thing'. Grey Knights have established their Anit-deamon thing. Sisters 'Purging the Heretic' is rather silly, because everyone already does that anyways. Putting the Sisters of Battle into a 'Witch Hunters' role works really well... but why give the Space Marines more psychic powers?

Putting the Space Marines on par with the Eldar, in terms of psychic powers is perfect, if you are about to introduce the one thing that will bring them to their knees. There have been whispers of Sisters of Battle models for years, and they do need an entirely new line of plastic sculpts. Why are they waiting? Maybe the Sisters were still lacking a relevant role in 40k. Perhaps they will be brought in line with the 30k fluff surrounding Sister's of Silence. Some sort of Null effect against psykers. They would likely be 'Battle Siblings' with Imperial Armies, but could be a desperate allies with any army that contains a psyker.

With folks getting all upset about the new powers, perhaps now would be the perfect time to introduce Sisters with a more focused theme of giving Psykers a bad day.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Space Marines are not on par with Eldar psychic power wise- they surpass them to a crazy degree.
    And have done so since the 7th edition Space Marine codex came out with the stupidly powerful Librarius conclave.

The internt moans a lot about Tau/Eldar and Necron "Cheese", but quite frankly Space Marines are worse than all 3 of them.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Djbz View Post
    Space Marines are not on par with Eldar psychic power wise- they surpass them to a crazy degree.
    And have done so since the 7th edition Space Marine codex came out with the stupidly powerful Librarius conclave.

The internt moans a lot about Tau/Eldar and Necron "Cheese", but quite frankly Space Marines are worse than all 3 of them.
    That will be why all those tournaments are won by Librarian Conclave Space Marines hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    That will be why all those tournaments are won by Librarian Conclave Space Marines hey?
    I heard of at least 3 tournaments won by Librarius conclave Space Marine "super friends" lists.
    (I will admit I don't know what percentage of tournaments that is, but from what I understand at least one of them is one of the "big" tournaments)

Brother-Sergeant

[QUOTE=Djbz;541359]Space Marines are not on par with Eldar psychic power wise
    Yes, no doubt. The fluff always talked about Eldar being the best psykers in the galaxy. However, Marines so completely outclass them as to be laughably baffling. They have more powers, much easier casting (as Tigurius fights in EVERY SINGLE space marine squabble) and were so outmatched that they got 4 new sets of powers to help them. Why didn't CSM's get these as well? Eldar get 1 lousy power per 3 Warlocks! Marines would get 9 powers for the same number of bodies. (More expensive yes, but double the wounds, force weapons, etc.) Eldar powers all seem to cost at least 2 warp charges as well.
    40K pronunciation guide: Abaddon = [uh - BAD - done], Belial = [bee - LEEL] (I promise), and Chimera = [KY - murr - uh].