Hey Everyone,

The release of Angels of Death has left a bad taste in my mouth and along with other issues has me wishing for a revamp of the game. Traditionally we have have seen these kind of overhauls when editions change, most notably 2nd to 3rd. I have a bad feeling however that 7th might be the last (at least for a long while) edition that GW will put out. The amount of codices, supplements, and formations is so high that trying to update them would be a herculean effort. Compounding this problem is the fact that GW doesn't seem to want to put out new codices anymore or even update the ones that are tragically behind the times. I can't see them wanting to update the base rules anymore than they do the codices.

My questions for you are:
Do you think we'll see an 8th edition of 40k? If we do how far down the road do you think it will be?

What do you think 8th edition should look like (ex. Refinement of 7th, complete re-write, AoS :P)?

My opinion is that I would like a complete re-write of the game from the ground up. My group has been experimenting with some other games for a while now and it's made us aware of just how clunky and unengaging 40k feels when compared to newer wargames. I would love to see a nothing is sacred (except the fluff) total tear down and rebuilding of 40k.