BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Banned

Default Strategic Warlord Traits: Outflank. Am I doing it right?

On page 125 of the mini Rulebook, on the Strategic Warlord Traits table, if you roll up trait no. 3, your Warlord "and three non-vehicle units of your choice have the Infiltrate special rule."

My question is: Can I then give Infiltrate to a unit of Chaos Space Marines with a Rhino dedicated transport?

I would say yes. Page 167 of the mini rule book, under Infiltrate, says that "units that contain at least one model with this special rule..."

It then says: "If a unit with Infiltrate deploys inside a dedicated transport, they may Infiltrate along with their transport."

Therefore, the way I read it, my unit of CSM, with their rhino, can get Infiltrate (also Outflank) and can deploy inside it, thus conferring infiltrate onto the Rhino. This would then give the unit with the Rhino all the benefits of infiltrate.

Am I doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Manton View Post
    On page 125 of the mini Rulebook, on the Strategic Warlord Traits table, if you roll up trait no. 3, your Warlord "and three non-vehicle units of your choice have the Infiltrate special rule."

My question is: Can I then give Infiltrate to a unit of Chaos Space Marines with a Rhino dedicated transport?

I would say yes. Page 167 of the mini rule book, under Infiltrate, says that "units that contain at least one model with this special rule..."

It then says: "If a unit with Infiltrate deploys inside a dedicated transport, they may Infiltrate along with their transport."

Therefore, the way I read it, my unit of CSM, with their rhino, can get Infiltrate (also Outflank) and can deploy inside it, thus conferring infiltrate onto the Rhino. This would then give the unit with the Rhino all the benefits of infiltrate.

Am I doing it right?
    As far i'm aware yes, but only for units deployed inside their dedicated transports.

Also Ic wouldn't be able to join the unit unless they have infiltrate too (or granted due warlord trait)