BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    High Lords of Terra suite is real. Many days spent there, once upon a time.

And for getting feedback - remember some of those now, including the trial rules for 4th Ed.
    Did they still call the management training program the "Squad Leader Program" and the development managers Veteran Sergeants , when you did it? Of course eveyone had a 40K name to go with their job title when I was there, it's a much dafter company that the Internet would have us believe.

More on topic really looking forward to the Summer release after listening to the Heelanhammer podcast the multi style approach is really sounding spot on.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Right. I popped into my local GW store on my way home from work, and asked about the whole three ways to play thing and got some pretty interesting news back.

It's a book. It'll contain everything for all three types, and will only cost £15. It'll be dropped on July 23rd. I'm not sure if the date is pre-order or release, but the manager was pretty excited about the whole thing, so yeah. Three months time

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRaiku View Post
    but the manager was pretty excited about the whole thing
    Well, he should be, because it might increase sales. I'm sure the local manager will be dancing with delight because his sales have fallen off the deep end (even 40K's taken a hit). Given that they could lose their jobs (as the stores get shut down) if quotas aren't met, anything that helps improve sales going through their stores is going to get excitement.

Individual managers might also be excited for the product as gamers, too. But since it should (theoretically, at least, but I'd put it as a safe bet) improve sales, it should be exciting news for all GW managers.

Librarian

So, here's a big question:

Will there be any update to the free rules? I mean, people who are into AoS will want to grab the book for sure, but the free rules are a pretty good way to bring in new players, and to be honest, adding point values seems more like finishing their core rules set than adding new modes of play.

Any of the rumors include handing out those rules for free? Because I know a lot of people who are way more likely to check it out in free PDF form than ones who will be buying the book day one.

www.GardenNinja.com

I really hope it is available in some kind of free form, even if it's not all the stuff like scenarios and all. I'll still grab the book, but if none of this is available as a free PDF, then it kind of defeats the purpose of being a way to bring in new players or the game's philosophy of free core rules.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456