BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Dark Angels Primarch conversion

I thought I'd have a go at a Primarch conversion of Lion'El Jonson of the Dark Angels.

Primarchs (the loyal ones anyway) are supposed to be around 10feet tall compared to 8feet for a standard marine. I don't have the skills to resculpt at 125% scale so I cheated a bit by basing him up on the steps from the arcane ruins and adding the Azrael textured banner. Now he towers over a standard marine, despite the main body being only slightly larger.

I used a black reach terminator, green stuffed in the I shaped ribbing on the legs and cut down the cowling over the head so that I could build up the neck with green stuff. The result (I hope) is something about terminator size but without the most distinctive terminator features.

To further enhance the scale, I gave him a double length power sword. I kept the power fists as such a sword would look impossible to wield by a standard space marine sized fist.

The shoulders and some of the other lion decoration are from the fantasy white lion chariot kit and the helmet bearer is from the Azrael kit too.

Overall I'm pretty pleased, he could be taller, but only with some serious resculpting.

I didn't design him with gaming in mind but I'd probably just pick the most appropriate character I can find in whatever codex I'm using and fiddle the fluff a bit by renaming their abilities. If lazy codex writers can just put the word 'blood', or some derivation, in the title of every blood angels power/ability/weapon, I don't see why I can't do the same.

Librarian

Looks great, I just don't like the power fists, looks too Calgar-esque.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Battle-Brother

Very cool, he's got lots of character. The Lions heads are really good. The power fist holding the sword needs to be altered, without him gripping the sword hilt it just looks out of place!

ElTanko

You're right, the more I look at it, the less I like it.

Azrael's gauntlet works better.

Just need to repaint and take a non-flash picture