BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Dralafi's Pre Heresy Luna Wolves Log

Hello,

I've been thinking about doing a log for my Luna Wolves project for a long time, but seeing as up until the last few weeks have painted 1 or two marines every month, not due to skill mind you but lack of time, I didn't bother with it. Now I find myself having more time and also a pressing need to get the first marines ready for battle.

Some of the pics are... fuzzy, others are nicer, don't ask me why, though I would appriciate advice on how to fix it. Not exactly a photographer so no real idea what I'm doing there, I am taking it in collection mode though so it's not average snap shot. Enough talk, enjoy the pics.

My normal Space Marines:

Drop pods

Finished Army Shot:

Battle-Brother

Third Squad:

WIP for current army:

Fourth Squad:

Vehicles:

Battle-Brother

Processed marines and vehicles:

What I mean by processed I mean I’ve removed all imperial eagles on chests, vehicles and weapons, as well as replaced heads.

Battle-Brother

Unprocessed infantry and vehicles. These I just picked up from a friend a week ago for dirt cheap. They all require attention, eagle removal, head removal, paint removal and such things.

Librarian

Beautiful Sons of Horus, love how you painted the drop pods.

How'd you paint the white?
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Battle-Brother

White is pretty simple actually. Sprayed them white, touched up to make sure there's a solid base. Badab Black wash, once sometimes twice, depending on how well it took, then used white once again to get the raised areas. And then white once more to make sure there's no streaks. My skull white has been watered down abit to make it flow alot more then it does out of the can. Two layers are super necessary to get the clean white I was looking for.

I was debating long and hard about what to do with my pods. At first I felt that maybe I should do what the GW team did with the white scars one in the codex but pretty quickly I decided against that as I just don't have the time between now and tournament day. Then I decided to do them super utilitarian, boltgun metal, washed and weathered.

How did you make those helmets I really like the way they came out?

Awesome job... these guys look fantastic! The helmets are spot on...

Battle-Brother

Helmets are simple Khorne Berzerker heads with the huge sideburns cut off and smoothed down. I've literally called in every single favor I've earned over the years of playing and even that wasn't enough so good old trusty warstore had enough for me to get. Unfortunately, each batch of heads from them yields around 3 or so of the slit helmets so yes, alot of money have gone into making them look just right.

First squad:

Second Squad:

Battle-Brother

Minor update:

This is with one layer of white ontop of 1 layer of badab black.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast