BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

ECHR isn't an EU thing, and lets face it the only reason anyone has an issue with it is the perverse and obscene way our judiciary seems to interpret it at times.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    I did think that was something that'd swing a few people in the opposing camps. I bought my house to live in rather than a short term investment so the a drop wouldn't bother me that much (and it's already gone up more than 18% since I bought it). Interest rates getting silly would be an issue though.
    Yup. And you think the last crash was bad for repossessions?

Thanks to the furore about PPI (a subject I probably know more about than 99.99999% of anyone, on account it's what I do for a job and I'm damned good at it), there's thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people who have cancelled their Mortgage PPI. The one thing that can stand between you losing your job, and losing your job and your house..... And it's not just people who were actually mis-sold it (their bums were in the breeze all along in many cases), it's those who just complained on the off chance of munneh, because the TV told them they'd get £15,000 or more. Everyone of those complaints? A cancelled policy.....

So when the next recession hits (these things are inevitable, after all) we'll see the same number of people suddenly bereft of lifelines, and the following upswing in repossessions, and those houses being auctioned/sold off....at a time when house prices are already falling, adding to the impetus.

Well done, Telly. Well done indeed......
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Don't some mortgages have it in the T&Cs that you're required to have some form of ppi cover?

Indeed. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's only a problem if the seller told you it was compulsory, and it wasn't.

But if the consumer is insistent it be cancelled (and a mis-selling complaint is insistence) the business has to do as they're told, on the assumption the consumer will seek out a replacement product (which are often better value).

How many d'you reckon actually did just that? I don't think it's that many at all, because the narrative is PPI BAD. When, actually, sold appropriately, it's a really nice thing to have, barring those policies which are frankly shocking!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Yeah I was just assuming you had to show that you had that alternative in place to your provider.

At the sale? Yes. Many self-employed people do seem to, as they'll have some form of income replacement cover (I get that through work for 70% of my wage - which considering it pays out Tax Free, and for as long as I'm spazzed up for up to retirement age (so, forever, seeing as I was born in 1980 and it's already up to 67...), is pretty solid!) so wouldn't necessarily need the compulsory cover.

But please trust me on this one. About a year to 18 months after the next recession hits? That's the time to buy. Provided you can get a mortgage of course.

Chapter-Master

Theres always that. As long as the Buy to Let scum don't snap them all up.

Ah, they get taxed on that now - it's not the easy munneh it once was. One can only assume Gideon and His Chums filled out their portfolio, so everyone else can get stuffed now.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36378655]A slightly leftfield article from Auntie[/url]

In short, our beloved Curry Houses are having a skills crisis, and the potential impact of Staying and Leaving are touched on.

Pretty neutral article, and I'll leave it to you have a read and digest.

Mostly, it's just made me want a Curry.

Chapter-Master

As its not something I eat its not going to affect me one way or another, but wouldn't being able to import actual Indians to make Indian food mean they don't have to spend potentially years training them to do it properly?
    Does that also mean the kids aren't taking up the family business? Possibly through the government's(of both colours) push to send everyone to Uni?

Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast