BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

I see you’re all bashing the Leave voting public....

I wonder how many of you work for businesses which ARE being harmed by the EU's pointless and ill-enforced legislation?

I know the line of work I am working in is being seriously harmed by the EU's pathetic Human Rights acts which stops our country from deporting criminals who are non nationals, I work in retail and the shear number of shoplifting incidents now which are costing retailers tens of millions and who are in fact when caught turn out to be Non-Nationals is staggeringly high, in fact there are gangs from Eastern Europe who are targeting retails for branded goods such as Cadburys and the like, and selling them back in their home countries on the black market, of course since they are stole goods, they are racking a fortune, yet when we catch them, oh no, we can't deport them for their crimes oh no.....

And don't get me started on jobs, as a mid 30's man, trying to get a job was awful, I was applying for hundreds of jobs for almost two years, even the most basic cleaner jobs, but always with no luck, and why? Because of the large numbers of EU nationals who are allowed to freely travel over here for jobs, because they are not UK Nationals, employers don't have to pay higher amounts of NI and Tax as they do for UK Nationals, so employers in their cost cutting are prioritising EU Immigrants first.

If I was unemployed for two years just 3 years ago, Just imagine how long British born teenagers are going to be unemployed for if we had stayed in the EU and places such as Turkey does join, we have to be realistic, the 'Freedom of Movement' the EU enforces if what sealed the death knell for staying, and it will just be a matter of time before smaller EU countries such as Greece and the like start leaving as well.

If the EU from the start had set caps on travel numbers, we would most likely have voted in favour of staying.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    I see your all bashing the Leave voting public....
    Yep, because it was ****ing insane based on scapegoating and lies. Nothing will change with an exit from the EU. Nothing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

exactly. there was not a single reason to leave, and leaving is going to be a ****ing disaster.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Interesting thing is the stark social divides it's shown up in our country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    I see you’re all bashing the Leave voting public....

I wonder how many of you work for businesses which ARE being harmed by the EU's pointless and ill-enforced legislation?

I know the line of work I am working in is being seriously harmed by the EU's pathetic Human Rights acts which stops our country from deporting criminals who are non nationals, I work in retail and the shear number of shoplifting incidents now which are costing retailers tens of millions and who are in fact when caught turn out to be Non-Nationals is staggeringly high, in fact there are gangs from Eastern Europe who are targeting retails for branded goods such as Cadburys and the like, and selling them back in their home countries on the black market, of course since they are stole goods, they are racking a fortune, yet when we catch them, oh no, we can't deport them for their crimes oh no.....

And don't get me started on jobs, as a mid 30's man, trying to get a job was awful, I was applying for hundreds of jobs for almost two years, even the most basic cleaner jobs, but always with no luck, and why? Because of the large numbers of EU nationals who are allowed to freely travel over here for jobs, because they are not UK Nationals, employers don't have to pay higher amounts of NI and Tax as they do for UK Nationals, so employers in their cost cutting are prioritising EU Immigrants first.

If I was unemployed for two years just 3 years ago, Just imagine how long British born teenagers are going to be unemployed for if we had stayed in the EU and places such as Turkey does join, we have to be realistic, the 'Freedom of Movement' the EU enforces if what sealed the death knell for staying, and it will just be a matter of time before smaller EU countries such as Greece and the like start leaving as well.

If the EU from the start had set caps on travel numbers, we would most likely have voted in favour of staying.
    I haven't been insulting Leavers, but nevermind. The ECHR isn't up for discussion and never has been in this Referendum, and is an entirely-separate political entity. Leave does not affect that at all. What is your occupation that is so heavily affected by the Human Rights Act?

Plus Leave have confirmed that Free Movement of Labourers will be maintained, just that they will need to secure a job in advance.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

the pound has suffered its' largest ever single day fall. but don't worry, all those economic warnings issued about the risks of leaving definitely aren't going to be true...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep, because it was ****ing insane based on scapegoating and lies. Nothing will change with an exit from the EU. Nothing.
    It is a shame EG to see someone with your intellect and education, being so histrionic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post

Plus Leave have confirmed that Free Movement of Labourers will be maintained, just that they will need to secure a job in advance.
    How has 'Leave' done that when they are not a sitting government with an electoral mandate based on their manifesto?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Because BoJo is very likely to succeed Cameron, perhaps? It's that side showing that actually, nothing is going to change?

As I said, this all could work out for the better. In the long run. But there's absolutely no guarantee of that happening.

Darren - you're effectively claiming there that every job you've gone for and not got has gone to an EU national....do you have evidence to support that? I mean, you are aware it's a really tough job market out there anyway, yeah?

Right now, I am thanking my lucky stars that I sorted myself out around 2010. I've got a decently paying job with excellent benefits which, all things considered, is about as secure as jobs can be in this day and age, especially when you consider my only qualifications are 6 20 year old GCSEs...

If your would-be employers are scrimping and saving as much as you claim, that's not the fault of the EU, but a faulty philosophy of short term focus on profits.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Entitlement 101, 'this job I didn't get is mine and was stolen from me by Johnny Foreigner'. Never mind the 2.2mil British ex-pats going over there and taking their jobs I guess.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Come on. 1.1million are sat drinking their pension away in the sun.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

And it begins.

Morgan Stanley are to move 2000 jobs from London, to Dublin and Frankfurt.

Bumps in the road, eh Mr Gove?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast