BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

[url]http://thebrexitplan.com/[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Librarian

What would you say the chances are that that is legit?

(not sarcastic)

www.GardenNinja.com

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    What would you say the chances are that that is legit?

(not sarcastic)
    100%

( no I'm not joking)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Breakdown of the legal implications of Leave. Good factual analysis:

Librarian

I'm still amazed that no one thought to draft a plan for how this would work.

I'm guessing the Brexit folks didn't actually expect to win. Now they'll need to find themselves a scapegoat and blame everything that goes wrong on them.

We've had some of that go on over here (just look at the mess the Republican party is in).

For that mess, I largely blame the news media that covered it like a circus, but didn't give his chances any credibility. Did something similar happen with the leave vote?

(Somehow, calling it Brexit makes it sound like the internet ruined Great Britain).

www.GardenNinja.com

Chapter-Master

It's mostly because the majority of the actual government who backed remain never expected to lose, and also don't want to implement it, and the leave campaigners aren't really in a position to implement anything even if they had planned it (which doesn't look lie they had - also possibly never expected to win)

It is a circus media wise. I'm pretty sure the ftse was down an entire week mostly because the news talked it down even as it was climbing again.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

It feels like a game of chess between politicians, where the pawns suddenly started moving of their own accord and now none of them know what to do about it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    I'm still amazed that no one thought to draft a plan for how this would work.
    Why would you be amazed?

The referendum was not an election. Leave is not a sitting government - they had no mandate to make plans, no control of the civil service to make plans, leave ministers were forbidden from using their own Ministry's staff and information for the leave campaign and were forced to access information already held by Freedom of Information requests.

People seem not to understand the difference (certainly in British terms) between a referendum and an election.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

So instead Leave just made stuff up, won, admitted it was all in fact a lie, and two our of three head honchos have nicked off into the distance?

Bravo. Well run. Spesh the lies and the racism. Exemplary politics.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast