BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

The Tories?

Tear up the Human Rights Act for a start. They're itching to do it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Evidence for that?
    What of Greece being f**ked I'm sure you know that one.

The EU trying to alter the finicial sector. I thought you you worked in finance? Go chat to some bankers. It what I did.

It is mentioned in here

http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/EY_-_The_future_of_baking_in_Europe_-_January_2016/$FILE/EY-the-future-of-banking-in-europe-jan-2016.pdf

Flowery speech used but they aren't comfortable with it being so dependant on the UK.
    Last edited by grimmas; 05-05-2016 at 05:28 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I don't even have a f**king clue either way, how could it potentially effect disabled people? Thats what I'm afraid of, this government has killed enough of us already, what could they potentially do if we left the EU?
    They could potentially:

Use some or all of the £33m per day we pay to the EU to boost the NHS

Stop using NHS money to translate 'stop smoking' or 'my wee wee smells funny' leaflets into Polish/Bulgarian/Romanian, thus spending the money on the disabled.

Stop treating EU citizens at cost to us - the last figures I saw shows a significantly higher proportion of NHS money being spent on non-UK EU citizens than EU countries Health Service's spend on UK citizens.

Seeing as the NHS budget is ringfenced, and seeing as they seem to be capable of cocking the NHS up just fine as members, it should be normal service either way.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I don't even have a f**king clue either way, how could it potentially effect disabled people? Thats what I'm afraid of, this government has killed enough of us already, what could they potentially do if we left the EU?
    If we stay and infrastructure doesn't keep pace with immigration you're going to suffer in that manner - depending on where you are in the country, rural places will probably see less change than inner cities with cheaper rents.
    Plus whatever additional pressures applied by the government of the time.

If we leave it'll depend on the government.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I kind of work in finance - but not within finance. Hard to explain.

And not being fans of 'all eggs, one basket' isn't the same as your claim they're trying to force anyone to do anything - particularly as they can't force any such thing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

In the sector, but not directly with cash/numbers?

Chapter-Master

The Tories?

Tear up the Human Rights Act for a start. They're itching to do it.
    Why would this matter?

That is a serious question, are you worried about instant infringements of your current article 8 right to privacy, thus resulting in a surveillance state?

Are you worried about article 2 right to life changing so corporate manslaughter will go away?

Do you not think chopping and changing article 8 which contains the family life provisions, thus being able to deport criminals without them claiming a family tie, is a good thing?

Seriously, we will not just suddenly descend into a lawless dark age of suppression by the state.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

We signed it in what 1950? Why has article 8 only recently been interpreted to prevent deporting foreign criminals? The fault is the judiciary not the treaty.

This....this is the Tories we're talking about, yeah?

The party that has persecuted the poorest and weakest since 2010, because the richest made whoopsie and crashed the economy?

What about a right to a fair trial? There's already dodgy stuff going on with that.

Frankly - I am worried about where they'd stop. Right to Privacy? You have seen what Theresa May wants to inflict on us, yes?

I don't trust the current shower of ***** to chop and change anything. They're already trying to politicise policing with Police Commissioners.

More importantly, the current Human Rights laws are fine as they are.

Brother-Captain

I kind of work in finance - but not within finance. Hard to explain.

And not being fans of 'all eggs, one basket' isn't the same as your claim they're trying to force anyone to do anything - particularly as they can't force any such thing.
    Net result is the same it doesn't matter what the reason they give for it. Oh and if it doesn't happen "voluntarily" they'll force it (which amounts to forcing it).
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast