BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Can't get a job, and someone gives you a scapegoat. That's an easier pill to swallow than 'could've done better in school'.
    Um Mystery, I don't usually make many comments on any of these boards, and I Don't recall attack any people directly in my posts in the past, but this comment of yours disgusts me.

Have you never heard of 'Learning Difficulties', not all disabilities are physical, as I myself suffer from Learning problems my whole life, and did very poorly at school, and it hasn't really stopped me from raising into retail management, as it turned out I was more of a hands on learner then an academic one.

Oh and this....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Darren - you're effectively claiming there that every job you've gone for and not got has gone to an EU national....do you have evidence to support that? I mean, you are aware it's a really tough job market out there anyway, yeah?
    Yes, I do, it's called personal experiance, not all job interviews are One on One, some are group screening interviews, while other interviewers require several of their interviewee's to arrive at a certain time and then conduct one on one interviews, after watching how the interviewee's interact with each other....

And in some cases I've gone back at a later date (mostly because it's a shop I buy at) and seen these people who attended the interviews working there....
    Last edited by Darren Richardson; 06-25-2016 at 04:35 AM.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

You're still making an assumption that the only reason they got the job was that they're slightly cheaper to employ. That's ruling out straight away that they might have been better suited, better qualified, did better in the interview etc - and that's ropey territory. However, I do agree that prospective employers should have a duty to provide feedback to all applicants. I mentioned I was lucky enough to turn my life around in 2010 - that was all off the back of feedback, where I realised I was the problem. If people aren't getting that feedback, it just adds ammo to the 'must've been a foreigner' bigotry.

The 'could've better in school' thing wasn't aimed at you personally. It's a polite re-phrasing of the 'you've got 1 GCSE and an STI' meme - that there's people complaining about foreign Doctors and Nurses etc, when the complainee has made a complete hash of their life. Sorry for any insult caused.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Google reported sharp upticks in searches not only related to the ballot measure but also about basic questions concerning the implications of the vote. At about 1 a.m. Eastern time, about eight hours after the polls closed, Google reported that searches for "what happens if we leave the EU" had more than tripled.
    [URL="https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/?postshare=8141466778634681&tid=ss_tw"]via[/URL]

Chapter-Master

yup, it is a nightmare
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

[URL="https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215"]There is a petition on the guvmint website [/URL]with more than a million signatures already to have another referendum, this time requiring a larger majority to pass. It only needs 100,000 signatures for parliament to consider it. Fingers crossed some of the ****ers in Westminster grow a *******ed spine and stop pandering to bigoted, petty, selfish ****stains that much of the British populace have turned into and we can get out of this mess with nothing more lost than an semblance of national dignity.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

on that EU vote table, 'number of years they will have to live with the decision' frankly it is worse than that, the people who are 60+ wont have to live with anything. they have had their jobs, got their pensions, lived their lives with all the benefits. they don't need to worry now about unemployment, house price collapse, or anything else. they have already got what they wanted.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

On that EU table why don't the scores add up to 100%?

It's worrying how many are for the oppression of a democratic majority when they don't like the result.

And who is going to enforce this "righteous" reversal of the democratic will of the nation the police, the army!!! May be group of concerned citizens all in black wearing masks? Either we have democracy or we have something else.........?

Although it is also worrying what some think is going to happen now. We've got at least two more years of abiding to full EU rules for a start. I also really don't recall any of the parties suggesting massed deportations of anyone.
    Last edited by grimmas; 06-25-2016 at 07:31 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Banned

Undecided.

In Australia referendums are only passed with 60% majority and every state passing it too, so for something so major it doesn't seem very democratic to me for 52%, with areas such as Scotland and NI voting against, to be counted as a majority.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Undecided.

In Australia referendums are only passed with 60% majority and every state passing it too, so for s omething so major it doesn't seem very democratic to me for 52%, with areas such as Scotland and NI voting against, to be counted as a majority.
    Well it wasn't in Australia. It was total votes for and against as well the voting areas were for administive purposes. Also NI and Scotland total population is £7M out of a UK total of £63M. Besides which 52% is a majority it being more than half
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Being an American today is like watching your house slowly catch on fire and not being able to do anything about it and freaking out, when suddenly you hear a “BOOM!” behind you and it’s Britain, their house just exploded and is REALLY on fire and you, helpless, just wave hello from across the street.
    Heh. Can't mock America for Trump anymore, we just voted for ours.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast