BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    And who is going to enforce this "righteous" reversal of the democratic will of the nation the police, the army!!! May be group of concerned citizens all in black wearing masks? Either we have democracy or we have something else.........?
    Now who's being histrionic?

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Well it wasn't in Australia.

I was saying that, from an outside perspective, enacting such a massive, far reaching change with such huge consequences not only for yourselves but for massive parts of the world with such a slim margin of support (also considering you don't have compulsory voting so there's that) seems like complete and utter madness.

Chapter-Master

complete and utter madness is the truth.

the perfect visual metaphor for Brexit:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brexit.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	18793
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Having a second democratic vote doesn't mean we aren't a democracy, nor does demanding that such a massive change to the geopolitical and economic structure of Europe and the world with potentially devastating consequences have more than a simple majority support. Also the democracy talk rings kind of hollow when we allegedly did this because we found being in the EU undemocratic, but when Scotland and NI point out dragging them out against their will the Leave camp tells them to shut the **** up.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Although it is also worrying what some think is going to happen now. We've got at least two more years of abiding to full EU rules for a start. I also really don't recall any of the parties suggesting massed deportations of anyone.
    Probably not as the EU is preparing to get you out as soon as possible and nobody from your Gov. called for the article that gives you the 2 years.
    And even then they wont allow you to take part in the innereuropean market. They want to make very clear that GB cant have the candies without doing their "duty" too.
    You are in a pretty bad spot right now.
    And even after finally negotiating your terms you wont get a better trade than norway or switzerland. This was also made very clear.

As bad as it may sound but it may be not as bad for Europe as your fate will probably put a serious halt to all other nationalist right wing nutjobs in the other EU countries that try to scapegoat the EU for everything and also want to get out.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Now who's being histrionic?

I was saying that, from an outside perspective, enacting such a massive, far reaching change with such huge consequences not only for yourselves but for massive parts of the world with such a slim margin of support (also considering you don't have compulsory voting so there's that) seems like complete and utter madness.
    I never accused anyone of being histrionic I believe that was Denzark. But someone will have to enforce it by the look of it someone is going to have enforce the current descion at least that has majority backing

Thanks for your outside perspective I'll file it where appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Probably not as the EU is preparing to get you out as soon as possible and nobody from your Gov. called for the article that gives you the 2 years.
    And even then they wont allow you to take part in the innereuropean market. They want to make very clear that GB cant have the candies without doing their "duty" too.
    You are in a pretty bad spot right now.
    And even after finally negotiating your terms you wont get a better trade than norway or switzerland. This was also made very clear.

As bad as it may sound but it may be not as bad for Europe as your fate will probably put a serious halt to all other nationalist right wing nutjobs in the other EU countries that try to scapegoat the EU for everything and also want to get out.
    We have to enact article 50 not the other way round it's our governments decision not there's.
    Last edited by grimmas; 06-25-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

To recap.....

Leave screwed us all. Big time.

Piling money into the NHS? A lie.

Controlling immigration? A lie.

The two big reasons they won, both lies they had absolutely no intention whatsoever of delivering.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

yup, you would think with all this talk of democracy, that lying outright about what the campaign will do ought to void the entire thing

Brother-Captain

Well I'd also point a finger at a very poor Remain campaign something which I did mention at the time. The comments of the EU Comission president and the French one days before the referendum didn't help. In fact the only positive voice from the EU was Ms. Merkel.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Also having another referendum isn't undemocratic, its literally more democracy. We're voting again. I mean if you want to argue we an only have one referendum on the issue then we had a that in 1975 and decided to join the EU in the first place. It's not democracy people are worried about, but the distinct possibility people are waking up to teh fact what a moronic decision they made and want to reverse it before its too late.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I would really like to know what the Leave voters think they have won now in the cold light of day. with the Leave campaign having withdrawn all of their campaign promises. 80% of Leave voters interviewed said immigration was the deciding factor. and now Leave have admitted that nothing will be done about immigration. that is not democracy. people have voted for a result which literally will not happen.

Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast