BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Barcalys have just sold off their mainland EU operations, theres obviously a reason for that.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Except under EU rules, a bank trading with the EU must have an EU based headquarters. Guess what? That's presently Canary Wharf for the most part.

How do the American banks manage? Or are you saying they'll all bugger off to what, Hamburg? Switzerland? Sorry, Switzerland is outside the EU financially

We leave Europe? We instantly weaken that financial powerhouse (and for those who remember 2007/2008, remember the last time The City caught a cold?)
    Personally I'd have to eat £6k net p.a. (£500 per month) before I'd vote against. But between all the financial arguments, whilst I'm absolutely sure there would be an initial downturn, I have seen academics of professorial level argue it would be an initial 1% and then climb back up.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

American Banks?

Their EU HQ are....in Canary Wharf or other parts of London. We leave, they have to leave. Further unemployment. Further economic wobbles.

And there's academics of professional level, and y'know, The Bank of England, saying it's a very, very bad move.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

The bank of England didn't predict the last crash.
    Can't seem to get a six month growth forecast right.
    So to suggest they can predict this is nonsense.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Except it isn't a prediction. We know the benefits of EU membership, they are measurable. We know what will happen if they are withdrawn.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It goes back to my central point - we know precisely the deal we've got being in Europe. It ain't perfect, but it's a 100% known quantity.
    But is it? Has any of the recently struck EU deal got past the promises stage yet?

EU scepticism seems to be on the rise in a lot of places, the future inside the EU might be far less predictable than you think.

Chapter-Master

And we know the disadvantages EG - and they are measurable.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Except it isn't a prediction. We know the benefits of EU membership, they are measurable. We know what will happen if they are withdrawn.
    Except they are predictions based on some weird scenario that if we leave the EU we suddenly don't get to trade with anyone in Europe anymore. The Stay campaign is coming out with just as much fantasy as the Leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and has anyone else noticed that the EU isn't exactly a growing economic power house, Spain, Greece anyone?

Also as for the Banking situation the EU in trying like crazy to force the financial bodies out of London and across the rest of Europe so we're going to have to do something there regardless.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Evidence for that?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I don't even have a f**king clue either way, how could it potentially effect disabled people? Thats what I'm afraid of, this government has killed enough of us already, what could they potentially do if we left the EU?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast