BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What type of game do you prefer?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friendly/Hobby

31 60.78%
  • Tournament/Heavy

6 11.76%
  • Friendly/Heavy

15 29.41%
  • Tournament/Hobby

9 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Or Hobby

Default Heavy Or Hobby

Some people prefer relaxed friendly hobby lists and others prefer the competitive WAAC list(although most won't admit it). Still other groups play friendly games with cut throat list and side order of cheese. What category do you fall under? What is your favorite kind of game Heavy or Hobby, Friendly or Competitive

Veteran-Sergeant

I like both , I like to grab a few beers and run some fun themed lists , but I also like to go to tournaments and take names .

Librarian

Default "Even in defeat there is laughter" -Napoleon Boneyparts

Friendly is the key. It is okay to get your teeth kicked in on the tabletop, as long as you are having fun. Does anyone actually like powerplayers?

I like 'em all at various times... IF I know what I'm getting into.

Ard Boyz is fine if we all know what we are getting into. I have just as much fun at an RTT game that promotes painting and fluff.

Key here I think is for TO to convey the ground rules of the event up front and as completely and clearly as possible.

Veteran-Sergeant

I love my hobby games, cause I can really 'hobby' it up. Biovores, extra lictors, no MC's, loads and loads of guants... it's fun. But it's also really subjective.

I appreciate the comfort of knowing what's expected from a heavy tournament. You bring the hard stuff. Done. Everyone has a different idea about what's hobby and what's not... but the hard stuff defines itself. It's so straightforward. I KNOW when I've got a hard list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Git View Post
    I like 'em all at various times... IF I know what I'm getting into.

Ard Boyz is fine if we all know what we are getting into. I have just as much fun at an RTT game that promotes painting and fluff.

Key here I think is for TO to convey the ground rules of the event up front and as completely and clearly as possible.
    That is exactly how I feel about it. I like all the listed versions, as long as I know what to expect. I have no problem losing and have been on the losing end of some extremely fun games. I just can't stand to feel like I got cheated out of a win.

I like themed armies, or failing that somebody trying a strange combination just to see what happens.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Slann View Post
    I like both , I like to grab a few beers and run some fun themed lists , but I also like to go to tournaments and take names .
    This.

Veteran-Sergeant

Themed lists are fun, but I would definately say friendly heavy, The look of my friend's faces when I utterly crush their army with only losing 1 or 2 models is priceless.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Brother-Sergeant

Freindly Heavy is where its at!!!! Ill take a bath in that delicious nacho cheese anyday!!!(Phrase was coined during a freindly Heavy game)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast