BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Super-Heavy Flyers

I was looking through the rules for Super Heavy Flyers. They seem ridiculously easy to destroy these days. They cannot Jink, and with very limited Armor and seemingly low number of Hull Points, and everything is AA anymore these days.

Am I missing something?!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Upside is the typical Super Heavy invulnerability - can't pick off their weapons etc. They keep going until they stop.

That and their typically potent weaponry - they're usually more of a threat to enemy AA stuff than AA stuff is to them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

In some cases they have extraordinary levels of firepower, and they also don't suffer the negative effects of shooting Ordnance weaponry, so Imperial Super heavy flyers make Helstrike missiles actually decent options. See the Marauder Destroyer for an example with a huuuuge quantity of firepower- it can come on and blast multiple targets with 8 Helstrike missiles and 3 twin-linked autocannon, drop a payload of heavy bombs on another target and spray yet more with a twin-linked assault cannon and heavy bolter. That is with 9HP and the usual Super heavy benefits, so not terrible at a little over 500pts. It is cheaper than 3 Vendettas and compares relatively favourably, minus the transport capacity.
    Last edited by Haighus; 04-27-2016 at 06:57 PM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Yeah my Vampire is often ignored for bigger threats on the table - and I never let it fly solo.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Maybe will change with the new flier rules...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Maybe will change with the new flier rules...
    At 35 quid, I'll never know.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"