BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default State of the War - 40k Survey

Not sure if this has been covered here, but interesting survey of 40k players.

[url]http://www.totellstories.com/40k/[/url]

Results seem accurate, at least it seems to echo what the local players round my way have been saying.

Chapter-Master

I'd like to believe the numbers in this at face value, but the fact of the matter is that this survey was advertised only on gaming forums.

Of course its going to skew the results just by the nature of the people who visit forums such as this.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

First-Captain

Yep, collecting and painting aren't parts of the hobby that are going to attract a forum crowd, there isn't a lot to discuss with other people.

Most forums tend to focus on discussing "competitive" 40k, which skews this. Indeed the questions asked were mostly from the point of view that playing in tournaments and events was the norm for most.

I'd say the fact that even given that, the fact playing competitively is low on the lists of wants from the survey is telling about the majority of hobbyists.

EDIT: Crikey, looking at the full results, the questions are actually ****ing awful. Really leading.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 04-29-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Occuli Imperator

Self reporting surveys are the worst
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni