BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tylos Rubio - Knight Errant

Coming out at Warhammefest in just a few weeks.

Not 100% on it myself - bit plainer than I normally like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	301 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	18276  
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Tbf, plainer does fit the Knights Errant well, as they are meant to have no iconography short of the icon of the Sigillite (Sigil of the Sigillite? ). Although I do see what you mean somewhat.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

I dunno if it's the paint job, but the edges on the armour look too soft - as if someone's tried to sculpt a 3rd Party Marine, sailing as close to the wind as they can.

I don't hate it....just not at all sure if I actually like it.

Looking again, it's the chest piece, and the stomach armour - they just look out of proportion. Perhaps it's the paint job or the photo itself, but the proportions just look a bit off to my eyes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Tbf, plainer does fit the Knights Errant well, as they are meant to have no iconography short of the icon of the Sigillite (Sigil of the Sigillite? ). Although I do see what you mean somewhat.
    he does look a little sigil-lite at the moment though
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    he does look a little sigil-lite at the moment though
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Coming out at Warhammefest in just a few weeks.

Not 100% on it myself - bit plainer than I normally like.
    Marco Rubio is the next model.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Curiously rubbish! Compare him to the model for Garro, there's no contest. A shame.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Cool

In this model GW/BL are hinting at what is to come. It does not take the brains of an arch-bishop to work out that Tylos Rubio, along with Revuel Arvida, Ison, Fel Zharost and three others, will become the first Grey Knights so his armour reflects this fact. Look at the psychic hood, the positioning of the gold trims and gilt, it all screams Grey Knight to the point that this model would not look out of place in a Grey Knight army.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; 05-02-2016 at 08:35 AM.