BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Pretty nice artwork

Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I always thought Ghouls should be their own army so I'm actually pretty happy to see it happen. Pale skin tones and lots of blood for the blood god paint would look awesome. I like the concept of them as a mockery of royal courts and such. Quite an imaginative reworking of the Ghoul range actually.
    I always wanted to see separate undead lists for each type back in WFB. Ghoul armies, ghost armies, skellington armies and then VC bringing them altogether. Glad we're getting that now in AoS.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Me too, I find it far more interesting and if this is a sign of things to come, it's cool to see each undead race get their own unique culture and civilizations too.

they managed to squeeze out a lot of units from those kits

may pickup the book just for the backround...
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I haven't gotten around to doing the Ghouls yet, but even during WFB my plan was to paint the Strigoi vamps (Ghoul Kings?), Crypt Horrors/etc., Terrorgheists, and Ghouls the same, with a color scheme that's dark blue, with, IIRC, Hawk Turquoise brushed over it, dark blue shade, then pick out the bone stuff in bone (with some black claws). Toss on Blood for the Blood God as desired for splatter. It's not a "typical" paint scheme but it looks pretty cool.

I think darker schemes look really neat with these guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, kudos to them for not making the rules for the Crypt Flayers nastier than the existing units, so they're not a "must-have" even for people with units of the others. It's just a new option.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123